Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » MapleStory » CAN'T GET ON MAPLESTORY!!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 30, 12 at 8:35pmrzeng3

I can't get on maplestory after v.118 update! After the patch, I tried to get on, but hackshield didn't even pop up!
Please Help!! This is the first time I got the issue.

Specs:
Windows 7
Laptop

P.S: I tried redownloading.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 06, 12 at 8:53pm
Crusad3r

Yes, you can send a ticket to Nexon with all of your computer's information as well as internet connection attached. If even they can't help you, then I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Just be prepared to wait 1-2 weeks for a reply.

Oct 06, 12 at 7:32pm
rzeng3

quote Crusad3r
Right. So it's not your net, and it definitely isn't Maple since most other people can connect to it fine.

The last suggestion I can make is register/download Steam and run maplestory though that.
Sorry, I can't get on with even that. Can you send this issue to nexon by any chance?

Oct 05, 12 at 10:36pm
Crusad3r

Right. So it's not your net, and it definitely isn't Maple since most other people can connect to it fine.

The last suggestion I can make is register/download Steam and run maplestory though that.

Oct 05, 12 at 9:41pm
rzeng3

quote Crusad3r
Right. Last thing then

Go get a speedtest on your internet (www.speedtest.net) and post the d/load and u/load as well as ping.
Ping:23ms
DSpeed:13.05Mbps
Uspeed:2.58Mbps

Oct 05, 12 at 8:35pm
Crusad3r

Right. Last thing then

Go get a speedtest on your internet (www.speedtest.net) and post the d/load and u/load as well as ping.

Oct 05, 12 at 7:35pm
rzeng3

quote Crusad3r
quote rzeng3
Yes, I closed everything... but it works on my sister's compaq that used to be a windows vista and has even lower specs.
That kind of confirms it for me that it's something to do with your laptop.

Have you updated your anti-virus software recently? That occasionally removes all the programs on the allow list.
The only "ant-virus" software on my laptop is windows defender.

Oct 04, 12 at 8:09pm
Crusad3r

quote rzeng3
Yes, I closed everything... but it works on my sister's compaq that used to be a windows vista and has even lower specs.
That kind of confirms it for me that it's something to do with your laptop.

Have you updated your anti-virus software recently? That occasionally removes all the programs on the allow list.

Oct 04, 12 at 7:04pm
rzeng3

quote Crusad3r
Well one thing is for sure. Your laptop is at the lower end of computers that can run Maplestory. Anything lower and you won't be able to run it at all. I'm a little surprised it did run Maple at all.

Without having your laptop in front of me, it is really hard to see what's causing the issue however. Have you tried closing all non-essential applications before running Maple? Because after seeing your computer's specifications, I'm almost certain it's your computer.

Oct 04, 12 at 6:06am
Crusad3r

Well one thing is for sure. Your laptop is at the lower end of computers that can run Maplestory. Anything lower and you won't be able to run it at all. I'm a little surprised it did run Maple at all.

Without having your laptop in front of me, it is really hard to see what's causing the issue however. Have you tried closing all non-essential applications before running Maple? Because after seeing your computer's specifications, I'm almost certain it's your computer.

Oct 03, 12 at 8:09pm
rzeng3

quote Crusad3r
Ok, can I quickly get your laptop's specifications?

I'll need: CPU, graphics card and RAM info

What's also useful is your internet speed, found at www.speedtest.net

This is just to make sure if it is or isn't your computer.
Well, I had maplestory run for a long time, no problem, but it was the new patch.
Acer 5517
3.00 GB Ram
AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processer
1.60 GHz
TK-42