Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Can anyone tell me where to get a free avi to wmv converter that can do HD? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 30, 12 at 12:25pmRandome

I'm not sure of this the the right place to ask.

All programs I can find are either false advertising and demand money when I run them, or have totally unacceptable shit quality (like 400 px stretched to cover the required screen area).

The output has to be at least 720 px and it has to actually be HD, not some half-ass bullshit where some 300 px is stretched.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 08, 12 at 6:34pm
ashantiqua

avs video converter hasnt made me want to punch anyone in the face.

supports a ton of formats and resolutions.

might have to torrent it though.

Oct 08, 12 at 1:17pm
Randome

Thanks for your help, but that one can't do it right.

It does convert the video, but it switches yellow to green and red to blue.

Oct 03, 12 at 4:00am
walnuts

Any Video Converter will be sufficient for your needs.

Oct 01, 12 at 12:53pm
Randome

The source material was recorded while gaming at 1920 x 1080 pixels. And yes, that's how big the video is. Obvioulsly this won't be the last such video.

The idea is that I want to get it on youtube, but the codec used by that recorder isn't recognized by youtube. This wasn't a problem before, because my current converting program was up to the challenge of smaller videos.

And it has to be wmv, because some videos (tho not this one) have to be edited a little. I like to use the windows movie maker for that.

Sep 30, 12 at 2:30pm
walnuts

Is your source material HD?

Sep 30, 12 at 12:25pm
Randome

I'm not sure of this the the right place to ask.

All programs I can find are either false advertising and demand money when I run them, or have totally unacceptable shit quality (like 400 px stretched to cover the required screen area).

The output has to be at least 720 px and it has to actually be HD, not some half-ass bullshit where some 300 px is stretched.