Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » FM2012 Player Forum » Help! Arsenal 2nd Season » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 30, 12 at 11:02amTheboss

So I finished my first season with Arsenal, winning the FA Cup and League cup, runners-up to City in the Champions League and 3rd in the Prem,

I'm playing a 4-1-2-3 formation (similar to the grid formation but I've changed the style so it suits me)

My Starting XI is:

GK: Mandanda (szczesny)
LB: Corchia (Coentrao)
CB: Hummels (Mertesacker)
CB: Vermaelen (Subotic)
RB: Baines
DM: Fellaini (L. Gustavo)
CM: Wilshere (Ramsey)
CM: Arteta ( Cazorla )
STR: Podolski (The Ox)
ST: Chamakh (Giroud)
STL: Walcott (The Ox, Cazorla )

I've recently bought Damiao and Doumbia for a combined fee of £46,500,000.
I'm transfer listing Chamakh (26 goals in 42 games), Giroud (28 goals in 38games), Walcott(14goals and 17 assists in 35 games) and Cazorla( 5 goals and 2 assists in 14 games) as they are surplus to requirements.

I need a back-up CM and a back-up RB, any ideas.

I have £6,250,000 budget but likely to get around 25-30,000,000 from transfers, Any Ideas?

Also, Bendtner, Koscienly, Park Chu-Young, Andre Santos and Diaby (All were loaned out last season except Diaby) are players I don't really need, should I keep them as back-ups or sell them.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 13, 12 at 4:25am
Dave29Lincs

use Diaby as your back centre midfield probblay put Corchia at right back or Kyle walker or the croatian and put Baines at left back as that's his best position

Oct 04, 12 at 3:18pm
Phelix

quote Theboss

who I should SELL in the summer -228k wage budget!

Well you will have to start getting rid of the expensive deadwood. Arteta will be getting on and with Ramsay, Wilshere and Fellaini you have the central midfield quality to use youngsters as backup. Anyone who is on over 60k per week and is a backup player should be sold and you should start looking to youth, in the style of a real life Arsenal squad.

Oct 04, 12 at 11:10am
Theboss

I got rid of Walcott and Cazorla and brought in Cavani, Hamsik, Darjo Srna, aswell as getting Andy Caroll for a bargain as a back-up striker and has been great, scoring 4 goals in 5 games, all from the bench. another back up was Pietersen from Bayern Munich.

I'm really impressed with Wilshere, he managed 9 assists in 7 games as well as getting 2 MoTM awards.

In all competitions I've only drawn once winning the rest, Picking up the Community Shield with Erick Torres (4.5million this summer) coming of the bench to score in the 90th minute, and currently topping the table in the Prem, winning all 3 games in the Champions League group so far, so it's all looking good, anyone who I should SELL in the summer -228k wage budget!

Oct 02, 12 at 8:56am
IcarusAbides

Vrsjalko or Walker for RB and Sven Bender (absolute class) for CM

If I could suggest a tweak in system to use an AMC then Gylfi Sigurdsson is an absolute goal scoring beast AMC

Oct 01, 12 at 11:32pm
Phelix

The first thing I noticed is that you are playing your full backs on their weaker sides, is this tactical? Do you want a left footed right back as backup for Baines?

I would look at Romario or Serge Aurier as genuine right back's, or if you want left footed then either Dodo or Jose Angel would be worth a shout.

For the central midfield you could go after David Alaba, Ross Barkley or Jack Rodwell.

I find that Diaby is great as a sub and wont complain about a lack of game time so I'd keep him. I also rate Koscienly higher than Mertesacker and would keep him as a backup instead. I can't see why you would deem Walcott as surplus, you need a player that can provide natural width to your play up front while Doumbia and Damiao play best through the center. Losing Walcott will mean you only have Podolski and Oxlade-Chamberlain as real wide options. I would hang onto Walcott and Cazorla (who has been great for me), though not playing with an AMR means Cazorla will be out of position in the CM, but is versatile enough that he can do job from there when needed.

Sep 30, 12 at 11:02am
Theboss

So I finished my first season with Arsenal, winning the FA Cup and League cup, runners-up to City in the Champions League and 3rd in the Prem,

I'm playing a 4-1-2-3 formation (similar to the grid formation but I've changed the style so it suits me)

My Starting XI is:

GK: Mandanda (szczesny)
LB: Corchia (Coentrao)
CB: Hummels (Mertesacker)
CB: Vermaelen (Subotic)
RB: Baines
DM: Fellaini (L. Gustavo)
CM: Wilshere (Ramsey)
CM: Arteta ( Cazorla )
STR: Podolski (The Ox)
ST: Chamakh (Giroud)
STL: Walcott (The Ox, Cazorla )

I've recently bought Damiao and Doumbia for a combined fee of £46,500,000.
I'm transfer listing Chamakh (26 goals in 42 games), Giroud (28 goals in 38games), Walcott(14goals and 17 assists in 35 games) and Cazorla( 5 goals and 2 assists in 14 games) as they are surplus to requirements.

I need a back-up CM and a back-up RB, any ideas.

I have £6,250,000 budget but likely to get around 25-30,000,000 from transfers, Any Ideas?

Also, Bendtner, Koscienly, Park Chu-Young, Andre Santos and Diaby (All were loaned out last season except Diaby) are players I don't really need, should I keep them as back-ups or sell them.