Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Android General Discussion » Looking for a new phone... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 30, 12 at 3:05amPompey Fan

Right, so it's time I need to look for a new phone. Was seriously looking at the Galaxy Note/Galaxy Note II - but it's a bit pricey and where I have a Dell Streak, although I like the size of the screen, it's a little embarrassing and hard holding it against the side of your face. So ideally, I could do with something the size of the Galaxy S2. I just don't want to make the same mistake again as I did with the Dell Streak, therefore I need to choose the right handset. If I was to buy the Galaxy S2 (even though it's a little out of date now) would there be updates for the OS or is 4.0 (I think that's on it) is good enough?

Is comparing the Galaxy S2 to a Dell Streak like comparing a Ferarri to a Mini Cooper?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 02, 13 at 2:54am
Brian Galliher

Samsung Galaxy S2 is good choice.

Oct 11, 12 at 6:49pm
Nagare

Hm, I have no clue then really. I looked it up in a few places and it seems like it doesn't work on the S2 or the Galaxy Tab 10.1 which are incredibly strange limitations given how popular the S2 was.

Oct 11, 12 at 3:41pm
Pompey Fan

quote Nagare
I have no clue about the compatibility issues, it could be the version you're on or they really don't like the S2. Might have to try a ROM to get it working
My S2 is ICS.

Oct 11, 12 at 3:25pm
Nagare

I have no clue about the compatibility issues, it could be the version you're on or they really don't like the S2. Might have to try a ROM to get it working

Oct 11, 12 at 3:14pm
Pompey Fan

quote Nagare
Are you sure? You could just be hearing things too, its a common side effect
LOL. Sorted it, it was my e-mails!

How can I get Scrabble and Monopoly working on my S2? Says it's incompatible but I had it on my Dell Streak and Xperia X8 - Android 2.2? :S

Oct 11, 12 at 7:16am
Nagare

Are you sure? You could just be hearing things too, its a common side effect

Oct 11, 12 at 3:05am
Pompey Fan

quote Nagare
No clue about any of those things ,sorry. You could try digging around the settings though just to see all the options.
Keep getting notification sounds but not notifications?

Oct 11, 12 at 1:21am
franklin067

I think you should buy samsung galaxy...it has all the features that is require in smart phone..

Oct 07, 12 at 1:27pm
Nagare

No clue about any of those things ,sorry. You could try digging around the settings though just to see all the options.

Oct 07, 12 at 1:22pm
Pompey Fan

quote Nagare
I'm not sure about Gingerbread butter and jelly bean there's a feature that let's you check how much data you've used. Its in settings.
Yeah it's all sorted now cheers.

Any idea if you can still go to preferences and change the homescreen speed, settings etc?