markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina Borussia Dortmund Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester Verona Genoa Heart of Midlothian Casillas Inter Juventus Siena Lyon Pescara Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town Sunderland AFC Sampdoria Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese Van Der Vaart
Note to Guests: Hey!

Please read the FIFA 13 Rules and Guidelines before posting to ensure that your posts do not breach any of the existing sitewide or forum-specific rules and regulations.

Also, it is extremely beneficial to everyone if posts are easy to read and comprehend. Correct spelling and basic punctuation make posts seem less clustered and promotes a good image of the poster. Additionally, it is easier to get your point across if your post is easy to understand.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 29, 12 at 4:56amminigunny101244

My scouts have found some players with 85+ potential. What is the best way to try and get the players to reach their potential?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 17, 12 at 5:18am
ste2011

I will always play youth players in cup matches and if playing against weaker sides in the league or Europe, I'll put a youth in defence, midfield or attack alongside an experience player. That way if they do screw anything up, the experienced players around them will cover for them.

I also tend to have 1-2 youth players on the bench for every game so if I'm 3-0 up in a match, it's fairly risk free to bring them on for extra playing time.

I tend to have 1-2 preferred youth players who get slightly more playing time then others if they have a high potential. It works for me really well as I had a 16yr old CM who was overall 64 when promoted mid-season, then ended the season on 69, then after playing him in my 1st pre-season friendly, went up to 70 so increased by 6 in half a season.

Saying that, I had a look at the free agents at the start of my second season and there was an Italian ST rated 77 at 18yrs old worth £11Million! He must of come from another teams youth system and never offered a contract!? Obviously I signed him up and currently rated 79 in December of same season.

Oct 10, 12 at 7:41pm
Chelsea Mint FC

If youngsters are played regularly enough, they can exceede their potential, but the only way to do that is obviously play them, so the more you play them and the bigger the role you give them, the more they will grow. Loaning players out is a good option, but when they are around the ages of 17-18, when their overall ability is low, they might not be given the role that you'd like at the loaned clubs, so if you have a player with really high potential, the best thing to do is keep them at your club and play them as regularly as possible, bringing them on as subs, giving them the chance to start in league and particularly cup games.

Oct 10, 12 at 7:02pm
OB9

Scouted out in Chile for attackers, got a striker who's potential is 91-94 but he's still 15 his overall is 65-75 I simulated a season (didn't save it lol) just to see this strikers overall once promoted to the 1st team it was 69.. Not bad for a 16 year old.

Sep 29, 12 at 5:16am
minigunny101244

Thanks, i'll loan them as they are not good enough for my first team and so would only weaken my bench if I put them on it.

Sep 29, 12 at 5:07am
Pro King

quote minigunny101244
My scouts have found some players with 85+ potential. What is the best way to try and get the players to reach their potential?
If you can't give them 10-15 gamea a season then loan them out to a club where they will play quite a lot. However, if you want to keep them at your club then subbing them in late on in games and letting them play against cup opposition and lower league teams in your division will be good experience for them.

Sep 29, 12 at 4:56am
minigunny101244