Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PC Games and Steam » Alyx Vance's voice actor caught mo-capping, probably not news for Half Life fans » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you

hideOriginal Post

Sep 27, 12 at 1:26pmbluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 28, 12 at 1:39pm
Spook

I could be entirely wrong, but I think the series itself might have something to do with the slowwww production. If you look at Valve's recent work, it's apparent they prefer investing in projects that are completely different from the competition. After engineering something like Portal and then followup Portal 2, it must be tough to go back and try to make a first person shooter engaging -- even one as cool as Half-Life -- in an age where FPS practically dominate the market. Not necessarily the digital market, cause it's fairly varied, but when we start talking about multiplatform titles for the mainstream consoles and PC, it's hard to overlook the masses of, well just shooters in general. Not even all that generic, though plenty are.

Sep 28, 12 at 4:35am
Darknet

Itb has been 4 years and they haven't even started to work on it. They make Episode 2, end on a cliff hanger, and say "Yeah we're done for now".If you wanna make a game that has a solid ending and you don't wanna make a sequel, that's fine. But don't troll everyone in the world.

Sep 27, 12 at 11:01pm
Spark

quote Darknet
I've given up on caring about this game. If it were to ever come out, I will not buy it. You *bleep*ed up, Valve, and I don't care anymore.
what did they do to *bleep* up?
not release a game fast enough? wtf are you talking about

Sep 27, 12 at 8:24pm
nnnddd101010

It's being said Merle Dandridge is doing motion capture for The Last of Us.
The next best thing I guess...

Sep 27, 12 at 8:05pm
Grimdark

Great!

Sep 27, 12 at 7:50pm
RabidChinaGirl

DC Sniper We only do this so you can post about how horrible we're doing.

Sep 27, 12 at 7:42pm
bluexy

DC Sniper To be fair, the VA for Alyx doing mo-cap when she's never done another game except for Half Life was pretty persuasive. Add that to my never ending nerd-crush on anything Half Life and yeah... way too gullible. xD I am not ashamed.

Sep 27, 12 at 7:22pm
Grimdark

So...you guys took a suspicious tweet as legitimate news for Half-Life 3? You guys are way too gullible.

Sep 27, 12 at 4:51pm
Spook

Unless it comes direct from Gabe's glorious pie hole, I don't even bother reading articles that hint toward the inevitable HL3. It's too stressful.

Vance! ...Be alive please

Sep 27, 12 at 4:02pm
Lorx

I'll still preorder it day 1. Valve makes awesome games, long waits suck, but I'm patient enough to wait it out while entertaining myself with other things.