Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » Snipers No Aim Assist? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Sep 27, 12 at 10:27amFunkyMonkey21

Now I'm sure you have all heard that snipers will now be nerfed with no aim assist in BO2 rather than the scope sway that basically prevented you to shoot for a fraction of a second when you first scoped in. My question is, will aim assist be completely non existent w snipers? Or will aim assist just not be active until a second after u have already scoped in?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 10, 14 at 1:21am
blackomega34

quote inthearmy92
This is by far the worst thing in black ops2. People complain about camping which is rediculous. Its a war game. Having been to war running into an open field, not smart. So I understand it. I don't camp but I accept it. Even the target finder, at least with that stupid thing there is a con. The aim assist is the weakest thing in the game. My 7 yr old daughter did it and went 17-7 on studio. If you use it u have the skill level of a 7 yr old.
What if I told you that Aim Assist doesn't help you aim, it only helps you position. (especially with higher sensitivities)

For example, I have never once had a time when aim assist actually made a difference with me hitting and missing.
Aim assist moves too slowly to be useful anywhere under 100 meters (most fights will happen at Point Blank to 40 meters). I know a lot of people that run sensitivity 7+ and this means that they cannot use their analogues to aim at long range because of how sensitive it is (I roll sensitivity 3, so I don't have this problem).

Aim assist is not a 'noob tool'. Try turning it on and play a game with it. I assure you that you will not see the difference. Also, almost everyone else uses aim assist, so you wouldn't need to worry about coming off as a noob.

Mar 08, 14 at 5:51pm
inthearmy92

This is by far the worst thing in black ops2. People complain about camping which is rediculous. Its a war game. Having been to war running into an open field, not smart. So I understand it. I don't camp but I accept it. Even the target finder, at least with that stupid thing there is a con. The aim assist is the weakest thing in the game. My 7 yr old daughter did it and went 17-7 on studio. If you use it u have the skill level of a 7 yr old.

Oct 11, 12 at 11:40pm
KR_1250

quote HU1CH13
But the AA-12? Sorry, but no. It is fun to use though.
Your right, i'll get the Intervention out... *HUMPH*. (On a side note i have just 13 Kills with it in over 50 days playtime. Pretty proud of that.)

And IUSEthePM-9 I dont know how to anser that. Wanker is a derogitory term and i did mean it as such for both myself and the youtube commentators. But i am not simply hating fads. First of all i despised quickscoping from the very first time i heard the term and realised that these rare desperate and kinda cool CQB sniper shots were going to become common and make my favourite game look like a bunch of inbred downies running around playing tag. I hate it in and of itself despite outside influence. I mean using your logic you either support quickscoing (a fad) or dislike it (apparently also a fad). So the fact that someone deems me a fad follower is literally completely meaningless unless i have a frontal labotomy which nullifies my genuine opinion or causes amnesia.

And with youtube commentators i just dont get it. At all. I now see why they do it if they make money playing COD, that sounds awesome but i'd rather strip my boxers to my ankles and watch my own single lonely grey pube grow than watch someone else playing COD and talking about how great they are and just slagging off noobs. I'd rather eat my own shite on a Jacobs cracker, hell I'd rather read a bloody Twilight fan fiction novel. Ok so maybe not that one. I cant watch one minute of the shite without cringing.

I also think they are wankers because they get paid to play video games and i am a petty ane jelous individual on this subject. I want to talk shite, achieve bugger all meaningful, waste my time AND get paid. Sounds f***ing awesome.

Hey, im open to change. Someone post a video exemplary of a great youtube commentator and i'll pull my digit out of my sphincter and give em a thumbs up.

Oct 11, 12 at 7:25am
IUSEthePM-9

quote HU1CH13
I'm sorry, what?

Sorry KR_1250, but you should know just as well as me that if you want to deal with somone at close range in MW2, you slapped on Commando. But if you were silly enough to still actually just want to use a gun in a first person shooter (silly concept I know), you would either get out an Intervention and get your quickscoping on so you can lick commentator's arse like Hutch (Hi ISUEthePM-9 ) or use the SPAS-12 which can also deal with people at short-medium range too. But the AA-12? Sorry, but no. It is fun to use though.
Judging from that last comment I don't think you really know anything about Hutch, so I won't bother you anymore.

Oh, and KR_1250, I didn't take your comment seriously, I just thought you were upholding the neoseeker attitude of hating mainstream COD trends (well, quickscoping and Youtube uploading are kind of trends, I guess?) and bitching on commentators for no reason. Wanker where I live is pretty much exclusively a derogatory term, so you'd have to excuse me for not knowing you didn't mean it in a harsh way.

PS: I don't agree with them making money for what they do, but if they're good enough at it, I guess I can't complain.

Oct 11, 12 at 6:51am
HU1CH13

quote IUSEthePM-9
quote HU1CH13
Just to reiterate, no, I'm not that wanker from Youtube.
*bleep* off if you think Hutch is a wanker. And no, I'm not a fanboy (actually, that's debateable) but he is so thoughtful and intelligent as well as kind and fair in the manner he posts content that I can't sit here and listen (or look at) you slagging off a genuinely good person...
I'm sorry, what?

Sorry KR_1250, but you should know just as well as me that if you want to deal with somone at close range in MW2, you slapped on Commando. But if you were silly enough to still actually just want to use a gun in a first person shooter (silly concept I know), you would either get out an Intervention and get your quickscoping on so you can lick commentator's arse like Hutch (Hi ISUEthePM-9 ) or use the SPAS-12 which can also deal with people at short-medium range too. But the AA-12? Sorry, but no. It is fun to use though.

Oct 11, 12 at 4:29am
KR_1250

quote theQman
quote KR_1250
quote IUSEthePM-9
Alright, good troll, hating people for their occupation/hobby, average at best, 4/10
How can i get paid for sitting around making a nob of myself and talking bollox. I am doing that for free right now!
Lol I never actually thought of it like that, you have a point!
Yeah... Occupation... Pah!

Oct 11, 12 at 4:24am
theQman

quote KR_1250
quote IUSEthePM-9
Alright, good troll, hating people for their occupation/hobby, average at best, 4/10
How can i get paid for sitting around making a nob of myself and talking bollox. I am doing that for free right now!
Lol I never actually thought of it like that, you have a point!

Oct 11, 12 at 4:12am
KR_1250

quote IUSEthePM-9
Whoa, no need for the over reaction buddy, im just jerkin' yer johnson. And who said i hate them? I dont hate anyone. Im a wanker and i like me. Kinda.

And 4 out of 10 what? Bananas, "PM-9 points"?

EDIT: And hold on "Occupation?" Those guys get paid for... that? I have a new found respect and also think they are even bigger wankers. Jelous. How can i get paid for sitting around making a nob of myself and talking bollox. I am doing that for free right now!

Oct 11, 12 at 4:04am
IUSEthePM-9

quote KR_1250
And you'll love this IUSEthePM-9. I think all youtube commentators are wankers. Do come at one bro.

Oct 11, 12 at 3:27am
KR_1250

quote Tom_Woods123
AA12 w/Extended mags + Scavenger pro and claymores= Camping heaven
I often used an L86-LSW which was great everywhere except point blank. So thats all i needed in a secondary. AA-12 worked amazingly well.

It just sexually violated quickscopers and knife monkeys.