Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » Metal Gear Solid movie protagonist is Solid Snake, Hugh Jackman considered, rejected » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 27, 12 at 9:41ambluexy

Metal Gear Solid movie protagonist is Solid Snake, Hugh Jackman considered, rejected

Rory Young - Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:41am (PST) Like Share
Will instead star a fresh face as Solid Snake
 Image 1
Source: VG247

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 31, 13 at 10:01am
Shinobi Kobra

Just cast me. Duh

Jan 17, 13 at 8:45am
dk47

One really important thing the makers need to keep it in touch with the game: the MUSIC. i really hope Harry Gregson-Williams is on staff as the music writer

Nov 10, 12 at 1:19am
Raijin1999

It's a money thing. Hugh Jackman would be too expensive.

Nov 09, 12 at 10:59pm
reaver11

I'm always skeptical of any video game movie, let alone a video game movie with a no-name star. So this one won't be any different. I can always hope for the best but I'll be expecting the worst. The games certainly have the story, setting, and cast t make a great movie, but I seriously hope for our sakes they don't try and fit too much into one movie, or make it too short with too much going on (if the movie is under 2 hours I'll be pissed)

And to touch on the story - it is and it isn't complicated. Yes it definitely takes more than one playthrough to understand it (i.e. final codec sequence in MGS2), but it's not like it's something that takes forever to comprehend. Now a mind-numbingly complicated story? See Legacy of Kain. MGS? Not so bad.

Nov 09, 12 at 3:08am
paul

David hayter definitely, he is snake

Oct 24, 12 at 9:42pm
Order66

You do know Christopher Walken is immortal yeah?

And I guess Metal Gear is complicated compared to all the mindless fps crap out there today but honestly i wish there was more storytelling like this; that's not afraid to challenge it's players intellectually rather than just satisfy their trigger finger. I love the idea of a movie as much as the next Metal Gear fan but the thing that makes this series so great is that due to it's format it can bring the content equivalent of a book with the cinematic experience of a movie, but hey who knows it might come together well.

Oct 16, 12 at 5:10pm
Reesion

Tom Hardy for the role

Oct 06, 12 at 3:00am
Hell Fire

quote Bogggggg
the plot of mgs isn't complicated at all...

i don't know why people think it is.
It is complicated. There's so much to it and so much history that it's almost impossible to take in with one play through. I've played them all numerous times and there's still loads that I don't know.

Oct 06, 12 at 2:58am
MissingScore

You do know how old Christopher Walken is (and looks) yeah? Could maybe have worked if they made this film 40 years ago!

Oct 04, 12 at 11:50am
bluexy

Order66 Oh god that would be so legendary.