Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Halloween review challenge (contest over; Winner - Alyssa) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 26, 12 at 1:08amGryzor

Given that Halloween is upon us and I know a few of us have a bunch of horror related things sitting on our shelves, I (and by I, I mean myself and Aevers) thought "why not set up this challenge??"

The rules are simple:

Review as many horror games/movies/books as you possibly can from now until November 15th at the stroke of midnight. For reference, the time zone is UTC+9:30.

Straight up horror is preferred, but anything with significant horror elements counts too. That much is up to Aevers and myself to judge. Something like Dead Island or Resident Evil 5 would require a lengthy discussion between us, for instance.

The winner isn't the one who submits the most reviews, but the one who submits the best review. I'll be the judge of that. The only reason I suggested that you write as many as possible is so that we can help out the site more by submitting a wide range of reviews.

As far as prizes are concerned, Lukas is more than willing to buy the winner either a copy of Caster, Tiny And Big: Grandpas's Leftovers or Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic. If you have all three of those games, then it'll be whatever is the daily or three day deal on Steam. If you have that as well, then the second place user will nab your prize.

Above all else, have fun!

Good luck to all who enter! Direct any and all questions towards myself or Aevers.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 13, 13 at 8:42am
Lukas

oooooh I'm liking that idea Hell Fire

what do you reckon Gryzor???

May 13, 13 at 8:27am
Hell Fire

I was thinking that we should do another sort of contest. Maybe something along the lines of a retro console (eg - SNES games). What do you think?

Gryzor

Nov 22, 12 at 2:26am
Jak

quote Polarity
quote Insanity Prevails
I must really need to work on my reviewing skills though if I can't make it to an honourable mention.
As do I by the looks of things. I guess our reviews didn't sit that well with Gryzor and his panel of judges.
Damn, I worked really hard with that review, too. Guess we better get our game on, eh?

Nov 18, 12 at 6:20pm
Taake

Congratulations Alyssa. Bit of a shame the prize isn't sex with Lukas, but I suppose him paying for your prize is a good enough consolation.

Nov 18, 12 at 4:10am
Polarity

quote Insanity Prevails
I must really need to work on my reviewing skills though if I can't make it to an honourable mention.
As do I by the looks of things. I guess our reviews didn't sit that well with Gryzor and his panel of judges. Regardless, I congratulate Alyssa on a job well done.

Nov 17, 12 at 9:52pm
Hell Fire

Congrats Alyssa!

This was pretty successful which was good to see. Hopefully we can start another one before the year is up. I would suggest something Christmasy, but that's quite limiting. The Grinch?

Nov 17, 12 at 8:54pm
Praetorian_Lord

Congrats Alyssa, although Monopoly says the prize is mine.

Nov 17, 12 at 7:29pm
Alyssa

Awww thanks guys.

I assume picking between my review and Praetorian_Lord's came down to a flip of a coin, Gryzor?

Nov 17, 12 at 1:15pm
Insanity Prevails

Congrats on winning Alyssa. Always knew it was going to be a tough competition to compete in and figured that making it to a top three would be very hard against such fantastic reviewers.

Nov 17, 12 at 11:46am
Ditnopota

Congrats! It was a fun contest to be sure.