Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 25, 12 at 11:27pmShadowCrystallux

Sivir the Battle Mistress

Sivir, the Battle Mistress

Roles: Marksman
Date Released: February 21st, 2009 (Alpha)
Costs: 450 IP PointsIcon.png or 260 RP PointsIcon.png
SivirIcon.png

Statistics

Health 378 (+82) Health Regen. 4.25 (+0.55)
Mana 203 (+43) Mana Regen. 6.5 (+0.5)
Attack Damage 49 (+2.9) Attack Speed 0.658 (+3.28%)
Armor 12.75 (+3.25) Magic Res. 30 (+0)
Range 500 Movement Speed 310
AttackPowerIcon.png
DefensePowerIcon.png
DifficultyIcon.png
SpellPowerIcon.png
Sivir, the Battle Mistress, is a champion which was released February 21st, 2009.
Patch: v1.0.0.133
Fleet of FootIcon.jpg
Fleet of Foot
Sivir gains 50 movement speed for 2 seconds when she lands a basic attack on an enemy champion.
Ability Description Rank Up
Boomerang BladeIcon.jpg
Boomerang Blade
(Active): Sivir hurls her crossblade like a boomerang, dealing physical damage to enemies it hits, with 20% reduced damage to each subsequent target.
Cost: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 mana
Range: 1,000
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Physical Damage: 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage) (+0.5 per ability power)
RicochetIcon.jpg
Ricochet
(Active): Sivir’s next autoattack deals additional physical damage and bounces to 5 additional targets, dealing 20% less damage with each bounce. Only the first hit procs item effects.
Cost: 40 mana
Bounce Range: 450
Cooldown: 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 seconds
Additional Physical Damage: 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80
Spell ShieldIcon.jpg
Spell Shield
(Active): Creates a magical barrier that lasts up to 3 seconds which blocks a single enemy ability used on Sivir. If an ability is blocked by the shield, Sivir regains 150 mana.
Cost: 75 mana
Cooldown: 22 / 19 / 16 / 13 / 10 seconds

On The HuntIcon.jpg
On The Hunt
(Active): Grants Sivir bonus attack speed and a 20% movement speed boost for 10 seconds. Its aura also grants all nearby allies half the attack speed bonus and the full movement speed bonus, even if they do not remain in range of Sivir, for the full duration of 10s.
Cost: 100 mana
Range: 1,000
Cooldown: 100 / 90 / 80 seconds
Self Attack Speed Bonus: 30 / 45 / 60%
Ally Attack Speed Bonus: 15 / 22.5 / 30%
Champions

I've found that once she's fed, her mid game excels better than most other adcs. Her and soraka bot lane is insane, it just allows sivir to Q off cooldown. Also, she's the best damn counter to caitlyn that I've ever seen. So guys, what do you think of her?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 19, 13 at 5:57am
BluAnimal

Her numbers are ridiculous but to be honest it's what she used to be. She fills her role as a unique character very well and I'm glad to actually see her played again. Maybe take a tiny tiny number off her ratios but that's it.

Nov 19, 13 at 1:41am
Couttsy

I haven't tried the new Sivir yet, but she looks fun I will probably pick her up again as an adc

Nov 19, 13 at 12:00am
ShadowCrystallux

So, what do you guys think of Sivir after her rework? How have you been building on her?

Personally, I love almost everything about new Sivir. It keeps her playstyle and makes it more enjoyable. I've heard of incoming nerfs to Boomerang Blade, which is fair enough considering how much health you can shave off an amazing amount of health in one blade, but I really do enjoy how well Sivir flows.

Personally, I've been running a full AD Build, with minimal or low Attack Speed added. I believe that Bloodthirster, CDR Shoes and The Black Cleaver are essentials, because they add so much to her kit. From there, I've been grabbing Last Whisper, Trinity Force, Mercurial Scimitar, Guardian Angel and/or Banshee's Veil, depending on what I need (Last Whisper is almost always a yes in my book), and then Zephyr to replace boots late game, should it be needed.

Tl;dr: I love, love, love new Sivir. She's tot that almost support feel that Ashe has to her, which I love so much. What do you think?

Oct 02, 12 at 2:04am
ShadowCrystallux

quote dbzmaster
It's the other way around, which is why there's always a support bottom lane. Carries should have bad early games, because their scaling is the best in the game.

I forgot to add it's also her only AS steroid (outside of technically her W) so removing it and the MS would really suck with such low range.
Wreck as in deal a lot of damage. Not as in burst, because unless you're playing ezreal, early game, you shouldn't be dealing all that much damage. All ad carries (except draven, but that another story ) have pretty average early games (well now that I mention it, add cait) and should only be farming and dodging attacks. I fear a 0/0/0 200 cs Sivir more than a 3/0/0 100 cs ashe.

EDIT: I know what I mean, but I just sound stupid typing it :/.

Sep 30, 12 at 4:11pm
dbzmaster

It's the other way around, which is why there's always a support bottom lane. Carries should have bad early games, because their scaling is the best in the game.

I forgot to add it's also her only AS steroid (outside of technically her W) so removing it and the MS would really suck with such low range.

Sep 29, 12 at 8:57pm
ShadowCrystallux

^ But AD Carries aren't meant to support. They meant to wreck. Especially during laning phase, because then they just outclass every other champion in the game.

Sep 29, 12 at 3:11pm
dbzmaster

Her ult is good, it gives synergy with her passive since that gives flat MS. It's not that great in lane but in team fights it's amazing. Everyone can benefit from 20% MS, and the AS can help your jungle/top.

It's not something you expect from an AD carry ultimate, but Sivir was one of the first created champions.

Personally I'd like to see her Q/W proc her passive. But the main reason people don't use her is because the big 3 AD carries are absurdly safe.

Sep 29, 12 at 6:40am
Twilight

quote ShadowCrystallux
quote Twilight
Specifically an ult change would dramatically increase her viability.
That is all I want, literally. An ultimate that doesn't suck. Like giant boomerang that circles around dealing physical damage % . If it hits.
I think an ult similar to Nunu's would be effective on her, but let me explain. It has the range of Nunu's, a giant circle type deal. But instead of the whole ice thing, she throws out a giant boomerang and it spins outward spiraling into the circle, if that makes sense.

This would make her teamfight changing because of all the AoE damage she could provide. It might also open up new build for her. Like building tank and initiating with it. Or building CDR to spam it. She just needs something. A n y t h i n g

Her ult just murders her entire viability, it's horrible.

Hell, even a Draven boomerang across map bullshit would work better. ._.'

Sep 29, 12 at 5:29am
ShadowCrystallux

quote Twilight
Specifically an ult change would dramatically increase her viability.[/size]
That is all I want, literally. An ultimate that doesn't suck. Like giant boomerang that circles around dealing physical damage % . If it hits.

Sep 28, 12 at 7:12pm
Twilight

quote DC Sniper
I think it comes down to player skill moreso than the fact that she's a counter.
I don't understand this... Yes, player skill does play a factor in if the champion that would normally counter another is actually a counter. This applies to literally all counterpicks, lol. A poorly played Sivir will obviously not counter a well played Cait. However, saying that a counterpick in no way affects how champions stack up against each other is a tad arrogant (Or ignorant depending on your knowledge of the game because I do believe you are a new-ish player, apologizes if I'm remembering incorrectly.) If the Sivir and Cait are around the same elo (Thus their skill in the game) then it's fairly accurate to say a Sivir would win against a Cait in lane because Sivir's kit counters Cait's, thus being a counterpick.

While we are at it, Sivir is also good at "countering" support Nunu, which was also mentioned. His harass (Snowball) is easily predictable and slow moving. If you have say a support Blitz, then you can easily interrupt his ult also, making him virtually useless.

All this being said, Sivir needs a remake, both graphically and playstyle wise because she just isn't on par with the current adc's. Specifically an ult change would dramatically increase her viability.