Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Nintendo Wii U's North American release date is November 18, base price $299 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 13, 12 at 7:26ambluexy

Nintendo Wii U's North American release date is November 18, base price $299

Rory Young - Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:26am (PST) Like Share
Beating Japan's Wii U Release date by half a month
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 14, 12 at 2:29am
MetallicaDragon

Excited for it now even though I just want one game for it for now. Gonna preorder it hopefuly alright this morning seeing EB games will only have limited supplies and there is no getting one with out a preorder on launch day thats for sure, well if its anything like the Wii's release and the giant shortage there was all day.

Sep 13, 12 at 7:49pm
Cain_Kousei_69

quote bluexy
Cain_Kouisei_69 Extremely doubtful any Wii game would be "updated" to work with the Wii U's GamePad. Since a majority of Wii games require the motion controller, yes, I'd say you'll need a Wii-mote to play them.

If on the odd chance the game does not require the Wii-mote, as in the back of the box says classic controller or Game Cube controller compatible... then there's a chance the Wii U GamePad or Pro controller will work in its place.
I was kinda hoping the gamepad would work like a classic controller; quite a few wii games use the classic controller so I'm hopeful the gamepad will work as such.

Sep 13, 12 at 7:10pm
Boreas

I'd guess they would make the GamePad act like a IR sensor bar for playing Wii U games on the Wii U.

Sep 13, 12 at 7:01pm
bluexy

Cain_Kouisei_69 Extremely doubtful any Wii game would be "updated" to work with the Wii U's GamePad. Since a majority of Wii games require the motion controller, yes, I'd say you'll need a Wii-mote to play them.

If on the odd chance the game does not require the Wii-mote, as in the back of the box says classic controller or Game Cube controller compatible... then there's a chance the Wii U GamePad or Pro controller will work in its place.

Sep 13, 12 at 5:30pm
Zombie_Barioth

Cain_Kousei_69 You probably will need the wiimotes to play wii games seeing as they wouldn't be programed to use the Wii U controllers.

I'll probably wait until after the holiday rush though, not much I'm interested in except Pikmin 3 so maybe when MH3 Ultimate comes out I'll get one.

Sep 13, 12 at 1:10pm
Cain_Kousei_69

Day 1 purchase I think. Deluxe version get!

BTW does anyone know if you NEED old wii controllers to play wii games or can we just use the new gamepad?

Sep 13, 12 at 12:00pm
ashantiqua

does it support the wavebird? thats a biggie for me.

either way, imma buy it on craigslist or ebay for ~$100 - $150 after a while - mostly to just play the few wii games that caught my eye since i never picked up a wii.

Sep 13, 12 at 10:08am
Duncan Idaho

quote TommyVercetti101
I'll wait for a price drop or until a normal control for it is released.
google wii u controller pro

Sep 13, 12 at 10:04am
Tommy Vercetti

quote Shadow of Death
quote TommyVercetti101
It's backwards compatible with Wii peripherals I think, including the retro styled controller I believe? Was there a GC controller too? CBA to check XD
I guess I'll wait for a price drop then.

Sep 13, 12 at 10:00am
Shadow of Death

quote TommyVercetti101
It's backwards compatible with Wii peripherals I think, including the retro styled controller I believe? Was there a GC controller too? CBA to check XD