Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PC Games and Steam » EA approached Valve about company purchase, Newell says it's more likely Valve "disintegrate" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 10, 12 at 2:45pmbluexy

EA approached Valve about company purchase, Newell says it's more likely Valve "disintegrate"

Rory Young - Monday, September 10, 2012 2:45pm (PST) Like (2) Share
The mind of Gabe Newell is a complex and foreign thing
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 05, 12 at 6:46am
S-I-E

by the way, yesterday i heard something about a new challenger approaching valve for purchase. some Korean folks were trying their luck on valve which had the same result as EA. nothing.

Oct 05, 12 at 5:39am
Leonidas-SD

This is great news, Valve is the only big gaming company for which I have respect, Blizzard lost my respect years ago when they sold out.

Oct 02, 12 at 3:28pm
walnuts

quote Marc
quote walnuts
A million times this. Give me a phenomenal game once every 10 years ahead of shit every 6 months. Blizzard also does this well, what with their Starcraft and Diablo franchises.
But Diablo 3 and post WotLK-WoW are aweful. Ever since they where bought out by Activision they have lost their touch and just seem to be living off of the success of games made pre-activision. Corporate buy-outs are never a good thing for company's like Valve, Pandemic, DICE, and Tripwire. Its a shame what happened to Blizzard and Blizzardnorth. This is why we are all proud of Valve at the moment.
I must say, all my experience with Blizzard has been in recent years is with Starcraft only, and Starcraft II is phenomenal. Alas, I extrapolated and thought this applied to all Blizzard games currently.

Oct 02, 12 at 3:02pm
Marc

quote walnuts
A million times this. Give me a phenomenal game once every 10 years ahead of shit every 6 months. Blizzard also does this well, what with their Starcraft and Diablo franchises.
But Diablo 3 and post WotLK-WoW are aweful. Ever since they where bought out by Activision they have lost their touch and just seem to be living off of the success of games made pre-activision. Corporate buy-outs are never a good thing for company's like Valve, Pandemic, DICE, and Tripwire. Its a shame what happened to Blizzard and Blizzardnorth. This is why we are all proud of Valve at the moment.

Oct 01, 12 at 7:52pm
Fatherbrain30

quote DC Sniper
Yes, the big evil corporation trying to buy another, "good", corporation is the classic good v evil we all love so much, right?

>thinking l4d3, tf3, and hl3 will come out in the next 5 years
Haha keep dreaming buddy. Valve has never developed a game with the number 3 in it.
EA isn't Evil, but they don't care about the art, they've sunk a shitload of old and great companies after squeezing them dry and now's forcing all their studios to make only MP games, even RPGs who have no business being MP.

Valve cares about the art.

Oct 01, 12 at 7:42pm
Chekkaa

Thank goodness.

<3 Valve

Oct 01, 12 at 4:04pm
walnuts

quote nnnddd101010
quote walnuts
phenomenal game
quote walnuts
Blizzard
Pick one.
Whatever.

Oct 01, 12 at 3:43pm
nnnddd101010

quote walnuts
phenomenal game
quote walnuts
Blizzard
Pick one.

Sep 30, 12 at 5:46pm
walnuts

quote BlackLabel
Yet..

Valve don't need to release sequels every year, they don't need to do anything that is now the norm as what they do works for them. Yes we would all love Half-Life 3, but I still prefer their method to the way the industry is going where every game gets an annual sequel whether it needs one or not.

If Half-Life was an EA or Activision franchise it would be nearing Half-Life 14 by now, but what Valve have done is create something that will live on. In 10-15 years we won't be looking forward to Half-Life 8 we will be looking forward to Half-Life 4. I like that, Valve have the resolve to not give in to fan pressure.

What I do know is that Valve will make a game with a 3 in it one day, maybe in the near future, maybe not. Though when it happens it will yet again be seen as a milestone in gaming as Valve don't operate any other way.

Sep 30, 12 at 4:56pm
Dan_bug

Gabe doesn't need the money. He made enough money to retire for the rest of his life when he left Microsoft.