Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Rumor: Amazon distributor says Wii U will launch on November 11, to be priced at $249 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 04, 12 at 7:30amzakislam

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 04, 12 at 8:12pm
Zombie_Barioth

Nintendo also stated they have no plans to cut out retailers and go digital only, opting to keep both formats available to give consumers a choice. Either way Nintendo is the last company that would go digital only anyway, they wouldn't even do it with Nintendo Power.

Not that I have a problem with digital games strangely most of my psp games ended up being digital, so I see the appeal.

Sep 04, 12 at 5:21pm
VeGiTAX2

quote cyseller
Gaming companies have stated that the future will be all digital so there for it is plausible and I for one believe that Nintendo is going to surprise us all and release a Wii U with no disc format and go fully digital. If not now then maybe in a year or two. We'll find out soon, Sept. 13 is right around the corner!
Given this only applies to select regions in the US on the coastal states and completely fails outside of those regions I would say don't bother getting your hopes up. Companies like Redbox thrive because massive sections of the country are on the tech equivalent of 56k and streaming is the last thing they'd fathom right now. Other parts of the world are in similar situations where major cities are well fitted for bandwidth but outside of it the support falls by the wayside.

That's a whole other story of broken promises and pocketed money from Telco's though.

Either way it has a physical disc format and will through the console cycle and the price doesn't reflect them ripping out a critical component to their entire foundation.

Sep 04, 12 at 5:15pm
bbb7002004

One theory I've read is that the date and possibly the prices are what the retailers will order. So it will ship to retailers on the 11th and have a public street date of some time later, probably the 18th.

Sep 04, 12 at 4:57pm
Gotenks

Not sure if I want to believe this day as Paper Mario: Sticker Star is released on the 3DS. Just can't see Nintendo releasing what is a big title for the 3DS on the same day as their console. I know I won't be buying the Wii U on launch unless they announce some titles I really want.

Sep 04, 12 at 12:05pm
bluexy

I don't doubt there will be different bundles, but maybe they just created three price points because they don't know which one it will set in at yet?

Sep 04, 12 at 12:02pm
cyseller

Gaming companies have stated that the future will be all digital so there for it is plausible and I for one believe that Nintendo is going to surprise us all and release a Wii U with no disc format and go fully digital. If not now then maybe in a year or two. We'll find out soon, Sept. 13 is right around the corner!

Sep 04, 12 at 11:45am
bbb7002004

I doubt they'd do an SKU without a disc drive. Its probably just the basic model with only the gamepad, with the more expensive models having pack-in games or controllers like Wiimote+'s or the Pro controller.

Sep 04, 12 at 11:43am
cyseller

WIIU SYSTEM - $249.99 - possibly a Wii U minimalist slim with no dvd drive ???

Sep 04, 12 at 11:40am
cyseller

F*ck michael pachter!

Sep 04, 12 at 10:55am
Zombie_Barioth

At these prices I might actually get one after all, was keeping an eye on the Vita but if they're the same price....I might just have to reconsider.

Looks like they might be pulling a nes this time around with the assorted bundles. My guess is the first is a bare bones model (have everything, pick the rest out yourself), the second is a standard console+game one, and the third is a deluxe edition.