Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Microsoft logo gets a new look for the first time in 25 years » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Aug 23, 12 at 4:54pmcromagdude

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 10, 12 at 7:43pm
nnnddd101010

DarkLordAkuma Yeah, that new Windows logo is pretty terrible.

Oct 10, 12 at 8:42am
DarkLordAkuma

Fair play. I think they should use their new company logo as the Windows one too.

Oct 10, 12 at 8:01am
Nagare

DarkLordAkuma that's because those are Windows logos, not necessarily Microsoft although their new logo is pretty similar to the Windows one now.

Oct 10, 12 at 5:52am
DarkLordAkuma

Your windows 8 logo in your picture doesn't have the colour!

Oct 09, 12 at 4:23pm
nnnddd101010

Dynamite Now all they have to do is come full circle with the next logo.

Oct 09, 12 at 10:10am
Dynamite

I like how their logos have continued to devolve over the years:

Oct 08, 12 at 1:40pm
magsasaka

theyre turning into shit apple!

Oct 05, 12 at 5:51am
Leonidas-SD

I like the new logo, and like the art direction they are taking, however I hate that they are forcing the Metro interface to the desktop computer. The metro interface belongs to mobile PERIOD! I hope they wake up and for windows 9 create different user interfaces for desktop/mobile.

Sep 26, 12 at 5:57am
harbin

I like the new Microsoft logo since it goes in with the clean appearance that they are going through. No awful looking gradients or effects? Simple and effective. The Windows 8 logo isn't that bad but all blue? Not sure about the Metro UI though. Would work well on tablets and mobile touch screen devices, but on a full blown PC I found it too awkward. The old classic explorer interface is still there though all but the start menu. Why the Metro UI couldn't have been done as a Windows feature that could've been disabled through the 'Add/Remove Features' function I've no idea. The learning curve for the new interface will cost businesses too much in retraining and will be too much for other people to work out. I'd be able to use it if I took the effort to get used to it but other people wouldn not. The old interface should've been kept, especially for a business point of view because as I see it, Explorer with the Start Menu is familiar and effective.

Won't upgrade to Windows 8 when it comes out. Too much hassle. Plus multitasking in Metro is a nightmare, since only one window can actually be seen at any one time. What Microsoft have done with Windows 8 is not so much as stepped forwards, moreso stepped to the side. They've seen how lucrative the tablet market is and have forgot about desktops.

I have used Windows 8 in a virtual environment and actually found using Mac OSX to be easier.

Sep 26, 12 at 2:14am
Aurora

It's too much like the Windows logo.