Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dead or Alive 5 » Team Ninja studio head says DOA 5's female depiction is cultural » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 23, 12 at 10:44ambluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 16, 13 at 5:17am
JacqueseVonRIP

Erm, yeah. Why are we still talking about this?

Feb 14, 13 at 10:40pm
kokiri link

quote Krantos
quote kokiri link
quote Krantos
It's the "it's our culture!" excuse.

Basically, they're saying they don't have to change because it's their culture. That's fine, but we don't have to like it. Nor buy it. And we don't have to shut up about it.

That's our culture.

Cuts both ways Hayashi-san.
Except most of us don't have any problem with it.
You missed my point I'm afraid. My point wasn't that he was offending our culture, it's that he insists that we accept his without regard to our own.

Putting it another way, Yes American Culture can be prudish. Yes, big titted girls is a bit of a thing in Japan. That's fine. Hell, go ahead and sell it in America, there are plenty of people here who like that sort of thing.

My problem is Hayashi's idea that people who don't like it can't complain about it because it's part of Japanese culture. We're supposed to accept it out of respect for his culture despite the fact it conflicts ours.

Personally, I'm ambivalent about the DOA series and breasts. I don't really care one way or another. However, I get irritated when people insist that their culture supersedes anyone others. If they didn't sell DOA in America, Americans would have no right to complain. They do sell it here, though, so we do have a right to complain.

Hayashi is in no way obligated to do anything about it, or even listen. But he doesn't have the right to tell us we can't complain about.

That make a little more sense?
It does make more sense, but Americans voice their disapproval by boycotting these companies. If there are a few news columns complaining about it but the companies are making major profit with it then these companies aren't going to give two flying farts what people say about them. I'm willing to bet this dude didn't even believe his 'its our culture' excuse, he just wanted something to shut the whiners up.

Dec 21, 12 at 10:12am
Dutch Samurai

quote bradbowllama97@gmail|message:33593021
Who ever the person who doesn't like my comments could go *bleep* themselves because I really don't give a Shit Haha!!
You basically told the whole forum to go #@$% itself.

Nov 02, 12 at 6:45am
Krantos

quote kokiri link
quote Krantos

Basically, they're saying they don't have to change because it's their culture. That's fine, but we don't have to like it. Nor buy it. And we don't have to shut up about it.

That's our culture.

Except most of us don't have any problem with it.
You missed my point I'm afraid. My point wasn't that he was offending our culture, it's that he insists that we accept his without regard to our own.

Putting it another way, Yes American Culture can be prudish. Yes, big titted girls is a bit of a thing in Japan. That's fine. Hell, go ahead and sell it in America, there are plenty of people here who like that sort of thing.

My problem is Hayashi's idea that people who don't like it can't complain about it because it's part of Japanese culture. We're supposed to accept it out of respect for his culture despite the fact it conflicts ours.

Personally, I'm ambivalent about the DOA series and breasts. I don't really care one way or another. However, I get irritated when people insist that their culture supersedes anyone others. If they didn't sell DOA in America, Americans would have no right to complain. They do sell it here, though, so we do have a right to complain.

Hayashi is in no way obligated to do anything about it, or even listen. But he doesn't have the right to tell us we can't complain about.

That make a little more sense?

Nov 01, 12 at 3:03pm
kokiri link

quote Krantos

That's our culture.

Except most of us don't have any problem it's it.

Sep 20, 12 at 2:46am
JacqueseVonRIP

I didn't write the article, no. I just think that and you and people like you are taking far more offence to it than is necessary. The article is hardly attacking him. It's just raising the point that for some reason he felt the need to defend the game's content, despite the fact everybody knows what to expect from a DOA game by now.
And you're right. DOA is far from the only game with sexualised female characters - Soul Calibur springs to mind (not for all, but a few characters).

Sep 19, 12 at 2:23pm
bradbowllama97

Instead of making stupid ass articles like this how about we appreciate the fact Team Ninja is even letting us have this game!!!!

Sep 19, 12 at 2:22pm
bradbowllama97

Why do people have to make a big stank over it. It's just a video game, how many fighting games doesn't have half naked woman in them?

Sep 19, 12 at 9:19am
bradbowllama97@gmail

Well if you wrote it Jac then yeah!!!!

Sep 19, 12 at 9:18am
bradbowllama97@gmail

Well if it's you then yes!!!!