Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance » Konami still considering PC version of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Big Boss Cardboard Box A Cyborg Ninja Fox Hound Otacon Peace Walker Psycho Mantis Raiden 2 Raiden Big Boss 2 Solid Snake Solid Snake 2 Solid Snake 3 Solid Snake 4 Teliko The Sorrow

hideOriginal Post

Aug 20, 12 at 7:39amchautemoc

Konami still considering PC version of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Sean Ridgeley - Monday, August 20, 2012 7:39am (PST) Like Share
Will come after console releases, maybe
 Image 1
Source: Eurogamer
Section: PC Games

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 21, 12 at 1:34pm
Zombie_Barioth

Chautemoc I know but some people might not want to buy another gamepad or just don't like the 360 style ones. It also defeats one of the perks of pc gaming which is choosing the controls you like best. There are people that barely understand how computers work much less this stuff.

Aug 21, 12 at 1:18pm
chautemoc

quote Zombie_Barioth
Thats all well and good Naked Snak3 but I'm sure the turn off for many is the hassle that comes with it. Not all games work with all gamepads or in some cases none at all so you have to work around that, which means gamepad emulators and fiddling with code. Its not hard to google it and figure things out but for many its not worth it when you can just pop the disk in the console.
Most PC games support the 360 controller now.

Aug 20, 12 at 8:42pm
THM in Blackhole

They're probably using the PS3 as a lead platform for MGS:Revengeance; So, I expect some bugs or DLCs to fix some problems later on if it's relased on PC as well!

Aug 20, 12 at 5:21pm
Zombie_Barioth

Thats all well and good Naked Snak3 but I'm sure the turn off for many is the hassle that comes with it. Not all games work with all gamepads or in some cases none at all so you have to work around that, which means gamepad emulators and fiddling with code. Its not hard to google it and figure things out but for many its not worth it when you can just pop the disk in the console.

Glad the series is going multi-platform though that way people can play it on their system of choice rather than shell out for (a) another console.

Aug 20, 12 at 10:34am
Naked Snak3

Buying a controller for your PC is an easy solution for anyone who doesn't like the mouse and keyboard combo. I'm glad they are thinking about multi-platform titles . I'm not a huge fan of console gaming, I would much rather use my pc. In fact, only recently did I finally purchase a PS3, and mostly just to play MGS4.

Aug 20, 12 at 10:11am
chautemoc

ominous Action games like this can translate surprisingly well to keyboard and mouse.

Aug 20, 12 at 10:08am
omnious

quote BlackLabel
The thing is they may as well get used to PC development as Kojima has hinted heavily that whatever he makes next with Fox Engine is coming to Next Gen consoles and PC. The future is multi-platform so these studios should get practicing now on platforms they aren't used to.
While I agree with this 100% given the choice I'd get it on ps3 over PC mainly because I've done hack n slash on both and it's... easier on console, well easier with a controller

Aug 20, 12 at 8:00am
BlackLabel

The thing is they may as well get used to PC development as Kojima has hinted heavily that whatever he makes next with Fox Engine is coming to Next Gen consoles and PC. The future is multi-platform so these studios should get practicing now on platforms they aren't used to.

Aug 20, 12 at 7:39am
chautemoc