Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Metal Gear Rising: Revengence » Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to feature more codec conversations than cutscenes » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Big Boss Cardboard Box A Cyborg Ninja Fox Hound Otacon Peace Walker Psycho Mantis Raiden 2 Raiden Big Boss 2 Solid Snake Solid Snake 2 Solid Snake 3 Solid Snake 4 Teliko The Sorrow

hideOriginal Post

Aug 12, 12 at 4:06pmzakislam

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to feature more codec conversations than cutscenes

Zak Islam - Sunday, August 12, 2012 4:06pm (PST) Like Share
Length of cutscenes will be shorter than previous MGS installments
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 13, 12 at 7:26pm
Zombie_Barioth

quote nnnddd101010
Ded Valve
when compared to past iterations in the Metal Gear Solid series, the length of cutscenes will be a "little shorter".
Its also the only game/series they can compare it too to get their point across. Though to be fair it does take place in the same universe.

I assume they're trying to do it similare to Kid Icarus:Uprising, having most of the dialog play during missions. Only thing is it works with KI:U due to the 3ds's touchscreen, I find moving text rather distracting partly because I wanna read it.

Aug 13, 12 at 3:03pm
DedValve

quote nnnddd101010
Ded Valve
when compared to past iterations in the Metal Gear Solid series, the length of cutscenes will be a "little shorter".

The game is still considered to be outside the Metal Gear Solid series, it is simply referred to as MGS for short since the name is already extremely known but it is still not a MGS game.

Aug 13, 12 at 1:45pm
nnnddd101010

Ded Valve

Aug 13, 12 at 6:19am
DedValve

quote nnnddd101010
That's because this isn't a MGS game...
Nobody said it was. This is a Metal Gear Rising game, not a Metal Gear Solid game.

Aug 13, 12 at 5:15am
Celes Leonhart

lol @ constant dialogue because the budget doesn't accommodate cutscenes

Aug 13, 12 at 4:21am
Foquinha

quote Zombie_Barioth
I'm probably in the minority here but the cutscenes never really bothered me. I actually like them for the most part its long credits I can't stand. I'd be nice if they let you skip them after your first play through or at least make them more interesting.
I agree, at least it helps develop characters and plot

Aug 12, 12 at 9:52pm
nnnddd101010

That's because this isn't a MGS game...

Aug 12, 12 at 9:35pm
oni_hero

So instead of cutscenes we just sit back and watch, that tend to look amazing..... we get to hit a button a lot to advance the chats...... yay, text accompanied by square boxes with pictures and some audio. Alright....

Aug 12, 12 at 8:45pm
Zombie_Barioth

I'm probably in the minority here but the cutscenes never really bothered me. I actually like them for the most part its long credits I can't stand. I'd be nice if they let you skip them after your first play through or at least make them more interesting.

Aug 12, 12 at 6:31pm
THM

I like cutscenes in videogames...