Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Wii U won't work, analyst Patcher believes » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 18, 12 at 8:59amzakislam

Wii U won't work, analyst Patcher believes

Zak Islam - Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:59am (PST) Like Share
Nintendo won't be so lucky with Wii's successor
 Image 1
Source: GameZone

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 14, 12 at 10:38pm
EpicGamer

quote nnnddd101010
quote LZ Schneider
I'm not sure if I will be getting a Wii U at launch, but I do know that the prospect of playing Assassin's Creed 3 whilst pooping is highly attractive. 3:
Haha, that's exactly what everyone thought after seeing the original trailer for the Wii U. Unfortunately though, Ninty said something like the tablet only works when you're near the TV/console. So in most cases people would not be able to take it into a bathroom and play. Unless it's like those little games like checkers (or was it Go?) they showed in the trailer you can play without the console.
quote EpicGamer
thank u for answering me I think ishould just,sell my black Wii
If you plan to get a Wii U, you should sell your Wii, because you can play the Wii games on the Wii U anyway.
But the thing is I don't want to loose my progress on my games lol it took a long time to my progress in my games up

Aug 08, 12 at 12:16pm
bbb7002004

But the thing is, you still have a controller in your hand. Your thumbs are on buttons and analog sticks, just like they have been for the past 40 years. Your hands are just spread out another couple of inches from one another. The screen just offers additional options for game designers to take advantage of. Naturally poor design choices using the screen will be poor, but blaming the technology for those design aspects are silly. How would console gaming be if after the numerous terrible games using 3D graphics and analog sticks both were abandoned? (Hm, the computing power of the day dedicated to 2D gaming... yeah, actually lets do that!)

The thing with Wii U, as it is with any consumer product, is that success and failure will be determined in large part by Nintendo's marketing and the ever changing interests of consumers. Wii was successful because Nintendo was able to market it as the hottest new thing that everyone needs to have.

Aug 08, 12 at 11:31am
bloodyvamp

I think the idea behind the Wii U is a quite interesting idea, but not too much of a successful idea. It will be (kinda) good for family, but they need better games at launch. And I think too many people are weary about not having a controller or remote in their hands, but a tablet. Sure they would get used to it, but would a gamer want to have to get used to it. Its a completely different aspect of gaming that I think a lot of people wouldn't want.

Jul 29, 12 at 11:48pm
Samuel

Ok first of all about people pointing fingers about copycats, being partial to PS3 but still loving Mario Kart among other games on the Wii I feel I can say that Sony didn't Hop on the motion control bandwagon before Nintendo revealed the Wii, Move has been in development since PS2 days and it's early iteration that was released BEFORE the Wii was the EYETOY which actually worked very similar to move but without the "wand", it worked but wasn't ever really put to use in any memorable games, the only instance of motion control beforehand was the cool but dreaded NES Powerglove which was based on an entirely different technology and so many years previous to PS2 that I think it's safe to say Sony didn't copy, the move controller works on a very similar premise as the EYETOY but with a controller aiding it, I can't speak for Microsoft though as it would be ignorant to talk about something I don't know nearly as much about

Jul 28, 12 at 7:18am
thundermaniac

Bet that he isn't good at Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. He's probably hating Nintendo for making great games that he can't play.

Jul 20, 12 at 10:14pm
HylianSavior

I'd be a dick too if I was THAT wrong ALL the time.

I bet he inwardly burns with envy at the extreme success Nintendo has garnered these past decades and can't cope with his seemingly inferior marketjammers failing out of the video game world.

Jul 19, 12 at 2:56pm
nnnddd101010

quote LZ Schneider
I'm not sure if I will be getting a Wii U at launch, but I do know that the prospect of playing Assassin's Creed 3 whilst pooping is highly attractive. 3:
Haha, that's exactly what everyone thought after seeing the original trailer for the Wii U. Unfortunately though, Ninty said something like the tablet only works when you're near the TV/console. So in most cases people would not be able to take it into a bathroom and play. Unless it's like those little games like checkers (or was it Go?) they showed in the trailer you can play without the console.
quote EpicGamer
If you plan to get a Wii U, you should sell your Wii, because you can play the Wii games on the Wii U anyway.

Jul 19, 12 at 12:48pm
EpicGamer

quote BlackLabel
quote EpicGamer
I have a wii but dont have enough money to get the wii u but i was thinking if u could play wii u games on the wii then i wont have to earn the money to buy a wii u. Does anyone know if u can play wii u games on the wii i will appreciate ur time to answer me
You can't. The Wii U is a completely new system with new hardware with games that require more power to run. The Wii wouldn't be capable of running the games.

Jul 19, 12 at 4:08am
BlackLabel

quote EpicGamer
I have a wii but dont have enough money to get the wii u but i was thinking if u could play wii u games on the wii then i wont have to earn the money to buy a wii u. Does anyone know if u can play wii u games on the wii i will appreciate ur time to answer me
You can't. The Wii U is a completely new system with new hardware with games that require more power to run. The Wii wouldn't be capable of running the games.

Jul 19, 12 at 2:28am
EpicGamer

quote anacreon
My thoughts on the wii U is that they pretty much made the ds a console where the top screen is the tv and the bottoms screen is the tablet. The other thing that concerns me is the wii U can only support 2 tablets at once leaving the other 2 people with wiimotes.
true that basically is what they did