Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » Grove Street » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Sep 25, 12 at 1:07pmTommy Vercetti

Do you guys think R* will include the old neighborhood? Or even mention the gang? Will we see gangsters flying the classic green colors? What do you guys think?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 14, 12 at 1:14pm
HilaryDuffGta

it would be awesome if we do get to see grove street in some form, but since its a redone los santos who really knows, i cant wait til december for that game informer to come out

Oct 14, 12 at 5:47am
Darnit

It'd be pretty awesome if we saw some recurring characters but I seriously doubt that will happen. Hopefully Grove Street will still be there but I imagine the map will have totally changed also. I do expect a few references here and there though.

Oct 14, 12 at 2:58am
AliB23

HilaryDuffGTA

iirc the graffiti was on the wall at the bottom of Niko and Roman's first safehouse. If you go through the door and look along the wall on the left hand side it should be there.

Oct 14, 12 at 1:12am
HilaryDuffGta

i was never able to find that at all in gta 4,does anyone have a photobucket picture of it

Oct 12, 12 at 10:55am
Master

IV had graffiti around the city that said RIP Claude, Tommy, CJ, etc. They're probably not dead in the previous GTA universe, but Rockstar seems to regard them as dead now.

Oct 12, 12 at 3:33am
AliB23

quote Gregm
Just out of curiosity, did they ever give any inclination that CJ is dead? I really haven't heard such a thing.
Nah they haven't. Then again I don't think they have for any of the protagonists that were alive at the end of their respective games.

I do find it likely CJ's dead though. Although his age is never revealed I assumed he was mid-20s in SA which was set in 1992. If GTA V is set in present-day like GTA IV was then that will more than likely be in 2013. That would mean CJ is mid to late forties and given his crazy gangster/big shot lifestyle, I think it would be crazy that during those 20 years that no old enemy would bring him down.

Oct 11, 12 at 9:45pm
Gregm

quote AliB110
As for CJ himself, even though he is my favourite protagonist in any GTA game so far, I believe he is dead and I would much rather his chapter in the franchise ended with his story in SA than him getting a cameo appearance in V. I also think it would be nice if they had a graveyard in the outskirts that had characters like CJ, Big Smoke etc. that you could go and visit.
Just out of curiosity, did they ever give any inclination that CJ is dead? I really haven't heard such a thing.

Oct 11, 12 at 9:19am
Master

quote AliB110
I hope Grove Street is in the game although I don't want it to be a carbon copy of what it was in SA. I think it would be pretty cool if another present-day gang was using the street as their base of operations much like the GSF did back in the day.

This had me think that the gang would be completely oblivious to the former Grove Street Families, and yet their phrase would still be GROVE STREET 4 LYF.

Oct 05, 12 at 5:36am
AliB23

I hope Grove Street is in the game although I don't want it to be a carbon copy of what it was in SA. I think it would be pretty cool if another present-day gang was using the street as their base of operations much like the GSF did back in the day.

As for CJ himself, even though he is my favourite protagonist in any GTA game so far, I believe he is dead and I would much rather his chapter in the franchise ended with his story in SA than him getting a cameo appearance in V. I also think it would be nice if they had a graveyard in the outskirts that had characters like CJ, Big Smoke etc. that you could go and visit.

Oct 04, 12 at 12:03pm
Randome

If I could, I'd turn CJ into a boss.

The GTA V is suppose to be about chasing money, so I'm guessing the min guy will need a lot of it, fast. Maybe the main guy (being rich at first) would have hired some bodyguard? Then when he loses his money and gets in debt, the bodyguard loses his job, but asks the bodyguard for advice on how to best find that kind of a job, because a bodyguard is a pretty well paying job (in reality) and the main guy has used guns before, so h thinks he might just be right for it. So then the guy says that he doesn't know, but his former employer is always looking for people who can not just aim, but actually think before they even draw their weapon. Then it will turn out that that boss is CJ. CJ now owns several legitimate businesses. CJ is nolonger a gangster because that sort of street gangs don't exist anymore, but they still keep most jobs in the community. CJ needs extra people for a few jobs and our main guy is good at them. Our main guy would at some point get too much of the wrong attention, so CJ can nolonger use him. The guys shake hands and part ways as friends.

That would be nice.

Or if that's too much, maybe there our main guy could attend some Los Santos high-roller party near the start of the game (when he's still rich) and he'll be introduced to several of the locals? Mr. Johnson would be pointed out as a wealthy businessman who in some circles is known to have a shady past in street gangs. That could be the last we hear of him.

That part of the mission would be similar to the Vice City mission where Mercedes introduced Tommy to some of the local bosses.

Or maybe both potions would be good (but in the opposite order)?