Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Axtons Turret - Two Turrets or Double Firepower + Rocket Pods? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Sep 24, 12 at 5:38pmShave ya Head

So i went through the game as Axton, upgrading the Guerilla side of the Skill tree(I think), to get the double barrel turrets. However i just purchased a skill reset and stuck them all on the other side to get 2 Turrets that stick to any surface.

Was just wondering anyones views on this for anyone you has tried both ways a bit. I'm gonna give the duel turrets ago tomorrow.

So, which is best?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 16, 13 at 6:54pm
MLongfellowDeeds

quote Repoma393
Hey i was wondering if there is a way to have two sabers with mag lock and sheild but also have the rocket pods and the slag gun?
You can have two sabres with mag lock/shield/rocket pods but no slag gun. If they raise the level cap you will be able to have all of the above.

Jan 16, 13 at 6:51pm
MLongfellowDeeds

I went all the way down the Guerrilla tree and halfway down the Gunpowder tree. I might end up respeccing not sure yet. I do know that I love that my turret slags everything

Jan 16, 13 at 7:46am
BrokenKnights

I go halfway down all three focusing on my personal gun damage. I think the only skills my turret end up getting is accuracy and missiles. For me, the missiles are the only useful part of the turret. That being said, if I had to go all the way down one side, I would pick the left tree. It has better skills and slag/double turret seems at least as good as two turrets.

Jan 16, 13 at 7:31am
Repoma393

Hey i was wondering if there is a way to have two sabers with mag lock and sheild but also have the rocket pods and the slag gun?

Oct 08, 12 at 1:13pm
Megas MkII

quote Solx
1. It takes 464 Badass Tokens into 1 stat to get it ti 100%.

2. The Conference Call + The Bee can kill Terra in under 20 Seconds.
1. And to get those 464, you have to cycle through several other stats, at least eight or so? Figuring eight stats in a constant cycle, that would equate to over 3700 tokens. Of course it could just be seven stats, maybe only six. Then again it could be nine. Upshot, you could have up to nine stats maxed out, meaning pinpoint accuracy, very low recoil, a shield that recharges to double capacity with no delay, double health, and most elemental weapons having up to a nine in ten chance of affecting any enemy.

2. So my calculations were, indeed, correct. Find something to boost your damage further, and that becomes the most unholy thing in all existence. Borderlands 2 has one hell of a broken weapon when it comes to bosses. Against common enemies, however, it seems a different story altogether.

Oct 08, 12 at 11:42am
Solx

1. It takes 464 Badass Tokens into 1 stat to get it ti 100%.

2. The Conference Call + The Bee can kill Terra in under 20 Seconds.

Oct 07, 12 at 11:56am
Coi Cki

quote KR_1250
quote Ded Valve
[color=maroon]I'm talking about raising the level cap not the badass rank which are negligible at best.
Damn right.

I have just finished the game with Axton at Lv32 last night and have never cashed in any badass tokens.

A 1% increase just doesnt interest me. I'm just gonna save them for a while longer.
Actually, the 1% increase only applies to the first time you use a Badass Token on a skill. It drops to 0.6%, 0,5... Eventually it goes down to 0.1%.

Oct 07, 12 at 11:42am
Megas MkII

True. As I mentioned in another post, I have a weapon that was just made to rape it. Conference Call. Seven pellets to the chest, seven from the left, another seven from the right, the horizontal ripping through the ribs and heart, it's pretty much an Anti-Warrior and possibly Anti-Terramorphous tool. Dual that in Salvador's hands, and it'll rip them both in half.

If you go down the left tree, you get a slag turret though, which saves the trouble of carrying a dedicated slag weapon. Just drop it, select your weapon, and begin the rampage. If you give it the right cooldown upgrades (I've gotten down to under twenty five percent, just under eight seconds), you can drop it, slag an enemy and kill it, and if it's destroyed, you're ready to go again pretty quick, so you can constantly slag your enemies and tear them apart a lot faster. And it's a lot easier than trying to rely on your own guns, and you can have all four other elements so you can switch on the fly. The Slag Turret upgrade is more effective in TVHM. Dual turrets, up to you if you want to try it. I imagine later on it'll be vastly better with DLC, letting you get dual slag turrets for maximum Slag Saturation.

Oct 07, 12 at 8:47am
DedValve

You don't even need the turret for the warrior. He's a punk.

I personally go down the middle tree if only because it gives so many gun bonuses to Axton at the cost of not focusing on the turret (which becomes a lot weaker at level 50 while everything else gets stronger).

Oct 06, 12 at 8:23pm
Megas MkII

quote Ded Valve
In order to get your badass rank that high (assuming it even goes that high) do you have any idea how long it would take and how many characters you'd have to play as? Borderworlds will be out by then and you'd probably get sick of the series looooong before then.
You'd be surprised how long I can stay with a game. But yeah, I'd be bored eventually. I'm just saying it's possible. Too bad it doesn't boost the turrets.

On the note of turrets, leaving Ded Valve alone for a while, It's great, but it's starting to slow down for me. I'm using it more as an Anti-Rakk weapon, and though it's great against common enemies, it feels like it needs more power. Double turrets should do that, but now I'm thinking about going slag for TVHM, so I can actually make use of it. With a level fifty character, the enemies can probably get higher than that (Goliaths, Varkids, and I suspect Badasses), or so I believe. This would mean I'd all but require slag regularly, and the turret would be the best for that. If I ever get Live, hopefully dual slag turrets will be possible (Imagine the horror there!) to further that when I get the level cap DLC (Unless I find Gaige to be more powerful with Deathtrap.). I'd say go with whatever helps more, but Slag is not to be underestimated. Respec to see which one fits your style more, but I'd say TVHM, the Slag rocket turrets would be superior to dual turrets, as it would let you do more damage. Then, when you're on the mission to face The Warrior, switch to double turrets because The Warrior is immune to Slagging.