Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. 2 » The Importance of Replay Value » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Mario MK8 Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Sep 24, 12 at 1:16pmVirtue

Now that a little over a month has passed since NSMB:2 was released, most of us have completed the game with ease, gathering hundreds of lives and coins in the process. Videos about reaching the coveted 1,000,000 coins mark were posted almost immediately after release. All in all, the game ended very quickly, while still costing the normal amount in major retail stores.

Did it bother any of you that this game was so short, almost to the point of where you feel like you wasted your money? How significant is replay value to the NSMB series in your opinion? Personally, a part of me feels like so much more could have been integrated to make the game last at least a few more hours. I also thought the supposed DLC would be close to being released by now. I don't know how long they're expecting all of us to wait. =/

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 01, 12 at 3:44pm
John234MKWii

Yeah, it really affects your performance in the level.

For me, I recommend putting 3D on more than half the time, but not all the time.

Oct 01, 12 at 10:09am
Virtue

For this game, the 3D doesn't work that well on any level. It's really distract and overall looks pretty bad. (It's to be expected though). For 3D Land anywhere from 50-75% is ideal for me. Guess it depends on how your eyes respond to the shift in visuals.

Sep 28, 12 at 8:01pm
John234MKWii

Well, for me, the 3D just looks better turned on more than 50% of the time.

Sep 28, 12 at 1:17am
Kokoro

quote Virtue
quote Kokoro
Even on Super Mario 3D Land, I don't use the 3D much.
That's one of the best parts about the game! The 3D is excellent in that game. I don't know how you even completed some levels without it.
Well, I'm just not a big fan of 3D in general. I've went through most of the game without it. I used the 3D maybe only 5% of the time.

Sep 27, 12 at 5:03pm
John234MKWii

3D on 3D Land makes you feel like you're playing SM64 as in you feel like you're in a virtual world.

Sep 27, 12 at 12:16pm
Virtue

quote Kokoro
That's one of the best parts about the game! The 3D is excellent in that game. I don't know how you even completed some levels without it.

Sep 27, 12 at 1:47am
John234MKWii

I put 3D on most of the time, it doesn't hurt my eyes.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm talking about 3D Land.

Sep 27, 12 at 1:19am
Kokoro

Sep 26, 12 at 7:55pm
John234MKWii

I just got it a few days ago.

I must say, 3D Land really has got one of the best 3D options whereas in NSMB2, I don't really feel like putting 3D on.

Sep 26, 12 at 5:07pm
Gotenks

quote John234MKWii
I've been saying this like, a million times, but NSMB2 just looked better as a non-3D platformer. I didn't even try to put 3D on in this game as in 3D Land where 3D is perfect.
You said you haven't got 3D Land. So does that mean you have played it or going off what I have been saying basically?

The 3DS doesn't have many games that look great in 3D. The feature is basically dead for the most part because most companies don't worry about the feature. That's why I always have it turned off. It doesn't add anything to NSMB2 or Tales of the Abyss or Kingdom Hearts: DDD and NSMB2 and KH were recently released.