Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Things you love/hate about the game » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Sep 24, 12 at 7:59amShave ya Head

I love stuff like this:

I hate how long it takes to respawn when you die.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 10, 12 at 8:05am
Solx

I hate Ellie......Everything about her..... is just........ nauseating.

Oct 05, 12 at 1:16am
KR_1250

Marauders.

Irritating as hell. Often when they hide behind cover they do just that. Hide. Getting on my nerves. and they are often shielded and have surprisingly high health. they are not difficult enemies by any means but they are time consuming.

I bet the psycho's call the Marauders pussies.

Oct 04, 12 at 6:01pm
Solx

Keep hating on Zero until he comes and Ninja Rezzes you.

Oct 04, 12 at 1:31am
KR_1250

quote Kommando
That wouldn't be a problem if not for 2 issues:
1. Axton's skillset doesn't provide much of an escape plan.
2. Enemies don't usually target the sabre turret unless it's the only thing they've seen.

Because of that, I die 5x more than on any other character because I'm not fast, tricky, or resilient enough to retreat before getting downed. Granted, this mostly only happens with loaders and threshers, but it makes them much more difficult than they are normally.
I guess we just play differently somehow then. I dont really have much problem using Axton. Infact i found him more useful than Salvador in alot of fights.

Perhaps when i get more experience with the other characters i'll start to see Axetons downsides more.

Oct 04, 12 at 1:13am
Kommando

quote KR_1250
quote Kommando
[color=navy]I hate Axton's entire skillset becuase he lacks any good defensive tide-turning skills and has to rely so much on his turret. His turret is good, but when it's not available, he's kind of screwed.
That may be true, but it is not really detrimental to a co-op partner. Any Commando should just make decent use of cover and more standard FPS tactics. I do fine when my turret is cooling down. Not to mention i have 13 MIRV grenades to use during the down time.

Infact i play like a standard FPS most of the time and save my turret FOR those defensive type situations.

I do wish there were more ways to increase the cooldown rate though.
That works for some fights, but this is a game where most enemies spawn in waves and may even literally come out of nowhere.

That wouldn't be a problem if not for 2 issues:
1. Axton's skillset doesn't provide much of an escape plan.
2. Enemies don't usually target the sabre turret unless it's the only thing they've seen.

Because of that, I die 5x more than on any other character because I'm not fast, tricky, or resilient enough to retreat before getting downed. Granted, this mostly only happens with loaders and threshers, but it makes them much more difficult than they are normally.

Oct 04, 12 at 12:13am
KR_1250

quote Kommando
[color=navy]I hate Axton's entire skillset becuase he lacks any good defensive tide-turning skills and has to rely so much on his turret. His turret is good, but when it's not available, he's kind of screwed.
That may be true, but it is not really detrimental to a co-op partner. Any Commando should just make decent use of cover and more standard FPS tactics. I do fine when my turret is cooling down. Not to mention i have 13 MIRV grenades to use during the down time.

Infact i play like a standard FPS most of the time and save my turret FOR those defensive type situations.

I do wish there were more ways to increase the cooldown rate though.

Oct 03, 12 at 6:41pm
Shadow of Death

Ajax - Oh yeah, I've taken The Bee off finally. I just couldn't justify keeping it on when shields exist that have about 10K more charge on them. I am DEFINITELY still missing the amp damage though. It made the game so much easier when it was active. I'm struggling now, in playthrough 2. The cost of skipping side missions in order to save the rewards for playthrough 2.5, where they'll be level 50 I guess.

Oct 03, 12 at 6:37pm
Kommando

I hate Axton's entire skillset becuase he lacks any good defensive tide-turning skills and has to rely so much on his turret. His turret is good, but when it's not available, he's kind of screwed.

I mean, the other characters either have fast cooldowns for their action skills, or in salvador's case, can be beefed up enough to survive without it while it cools down. The Sabre turret has a 42 second cooldown and while it's cooling down, axton is a glass cannon at best.

Oct 03, 12 at 2:17am
KR_1250

quote Shadow of Death
Though Axton's ability to provide general support is nothing to scoff at. Zero's Co-op abilities, I think, would be mediocre. Like the Gunzerker, it seems mainly focused on helping the user, rather than being of any special use to partners.
I'd be more than happy to swap one of my mates Zero characters for a Gunzerker. I'd much rather a high damage tank to hide behind whilst my turret recharges. And with the same cooldown and action time i think those two skills could compliment eachother.

And at least Salvadro stays visible and seems more dependable and predictable. And he doesnt talk in annoying Haikus LOL.

"Your eyes decieve you
I bugger off on my own
Help im down im down"

Oct 03, 12 at 1:22am
Shadow of Death

I think Zero is pretty good, actually. He'll be much better once I can repeatedly Deception after killing an enemy whilst invisible (this will be something like 36 levels though). Be a godlike ability at that point. Maya's highest one point skills don't look nearly as interesting as this. It can be abused to get rid of all the weaklings, leaving you to deal a nice damaging blow to a more powerful enemy without interference from weaklings.

I'm imagining though, that the Siren would be the best Co-op support character. She benefits everyone, even if she isn't specced out to heal allies. It's the simple virtue of providing an easy target for everyone to shoot, whilst simultaneously taking an enemy out of combat for a while. I've got her specced out to suck enemies towards the phaselocked one, which also interrupts their combat and unsteadies them for a while. She's also specced out to cause an explosion too.

Though Axton's ability to provide general support is nothing to scoff at. Zero's Co-op abilities, I think, would be mediocre. Like the Gunzerker, it seems mainly focused on helping the user, rather than being of any special use to partners.