Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Borderlands 2 References Practically Everything (potential spoilers) » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1
Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 24, 12 at 6:11amPaper Fox

Part of what makes the Borderlands franchise so fun is finding the games' hidden references. So post what you find here!
But please NO SPOILERS! Some gamers might want to find this stuff on their own, so please be considerate

Top Gun

Minecraft

Dark Souls

Predator

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 08, 13 at 8:55am
Magic

Dec 02, 13 at 6:26pm
klir

quote The5thAvacado
quote klir
I've heard two lol refernces. Nasus and rengar I think. I just cant remember where in the game i've heard them :/
One of the Mechromancer's phrases when she gets a second wind is, "You're not ganking me!"
Haha cool xD

One of kreigs custom heads is named "My axe is thristy" same as the Olaf quote

Dec 02, 13 at 2:23pm
The5thAvacado

quote klir
I've heard two lol refernces. Nasus and rengar I think. I just cant remember where in the game i've heard them :/
One of the Mechromancer's phrases when she gets a second wind is, "You're not ganking me!"

Dec 02, 13 at 4:03am
klir

Sep 26, 12 at 12:46pm
Paper Fox

The Lion King

Sep 26, 12 at 8:19am
Eiche

There is a mission called "Rocko's Modern Strife," which plays on the old cartoon "Rocco's Modern Life"

Sep 26, 12 at 6:54am
Scott Cee

quote Whelan
I've had a look and I don't see anything that I can scan.
They're definitely in the game somewhere, because I was just looking at posters and leaflets and stuff (for funnies) and saw them and remembered that they were in the first game too.

Sep 26, 12 at 6:51am
Whelan

quote Scott Cee
quote Whelan
quote Scott Cee
Whelan, there's ones on the postcards you can find on desks and tables around the place too. Check those out, would you kindly? I don't have the capability.
Is there any specific location that you remember they're on? :o
I don't quite recall where they'd be, but I guess I'll look around Sanctuary a bit.
I think, I'm at work right now so I can't check, that there's a table in Roland's command centre in Sanctuary that has a few on it.
I've had a look and I don't see anything that I can scan. :(

Sep 26, 12 at 5:53am
Scott Cee

quote Whelan
quote Scott Cee
Whelan, there's ones on the postcards you can find on desks and tables around the place too. Check those out, would you kindly? I don't have the capability.
Is there any specific location that you remember they're on?
I don't quite recall where they'd be, but I guess I'll look around Sanctuary a bit.
I think, I'm at work right now so I can't check, that there's a table in Roland's command centre in Sanctuary that has a few on it.

Sep 26, 12 at 5:49am
KR_1250

Cant believe no-one has posted the TMNT referance.

SPOILERS!
IM WARNING!
DONT READ!
MY EFFING SPOILER BLOCK WONT WORK!
ITS PRETTY MUCH YOUR FAULT IF YOU READ THIS NOW!
During a mission called "Kill Splinter Group" you will be asked to return to the bloodshot stronghold and defeat this group. The referances to The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are plentiful and obvious.

- First of all the mission has you delliver a Pizza. The turtles favourite food.
- The mission takes place in a sewer. Where the turtles live.
- The main enemies are named "Lee, Ralph, Dan and Mick" after Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo. The turtles names.
- If you complete a little puzzle their master "Finter" will attack. Obviously named after the turtles master Splinter.

I was well impressed by this. Was a religious TMNT fan as a young kid. For me this poos all over the minecraft easter egg. It may be my favourite easter egg of all time. Shredder rules.