Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Compatibility Questions, Need Feedback » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 23, 12 at 10:18pmVapid Soul

So here goes:

Case: $159.99 COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower
Has four fans big fans so I think it will stay quiet and do good with airflow. I've looked into the Fractal cases and would love to hear opinions on this.

HDD: $109.99 Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Only need about 1TB of space maximum so I think I will just stick with this unless told otherwise.

Monitor: $179.99 x 2 ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24"
I want dual screen monitors and 1920 x 1080 resolution with an HDMI socket is perfect for me. Will use one for streaming via XSplit while the other is for multitasking. Will probably just keep one powered up if not streaming video games.

Video Card: $399.99 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB 384-bit
I've read all those reviews and it seemed to have worked out for most people. Wouldn't want anything less than 3gb since I plan to play games on highest setting for a good while in the future.

Optical Drive: $19.99 LITE-ON Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM
Wouldn't even want one if I could install an OS without a software cd. Basic will do.

PSU: $144.99 CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W
I think 750 watts is all I need right?

Speakers: $24.99 Logitech S-220 17 Watts
Will probably have a headset plugged in all the time so don't really need anything special. Oh yeah, monitors also have speakers but not sure how good those are.

Memory: $40.99 x2 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
I should be okay with this right?

Motherboard: $88.99 MSI Z77A-G41 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Well I needed LGA 1155 and I think this one supports an Ivy Bridge processor so I just sort of picked randomly. I would love some input on what motherboard I should purchase if this one doesn't work.

Processor: $329.99 Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core
I prefer getting as much fps as possible while playing a game. Also, video editing software takes a lot of cpu so I think this should be okay. If anyone thinks this won't be enough to meet my needs as I will describe them at the end of this thread then feel free to tell me I need the six-core intel one.

CPU Cooler: $29.99 COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler
My brother has one and it's really quiet. It says its compatible with i5 and i7 so why not.

Total: $1,750.87

Also this Ikea desk if anyone cares will add $140 with delivery shipping.

Planning to do the 2 day free shipping trial on newegg and cancel it afterwards. The main purpose of this computer will of course be gaming and video streaming. My brother has a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz and that can only push up to 720p without frame lag on dual monitors. So i am hopping to get something that will have no trouble streaming in 1080p. I also have a ton of tabs open on my computer so I will use it for multi-tasking. Not sure what else to say other than ask for your feedback and input on this build. I can probably go up to $2000 total. Although 10% tax will add $170 already -.-

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 13, 12 at 1:50pm
hiigaran

ahh no worries then. enjoy your new rig!

how long did it take you to build it, anyway?

Oct 13, 12 at 1:43pm
Vapid Soul

I did, but too lazy to put them from my memory card >.>

Oct 11, 12 at 10:15pm
hiigaran

nice!

...i dont suppose you got any shots of the computer hardware itself, huh? no? never mind.

Oct 11, 12 at 8:42pm
Vapid Soul

This is how it all looks in the end Thank you for all the help I received.

Oct 07, 12 at 9:59pm
Vapid Soul

I'll post pictures when my new desk arrives to make it all look pretty. That should be on the 15th.

Oct 06, 12 at 12:34pm
hiigaran

try and RMA the 4th stick. the stick is more likely to be the problem than the mobo, anyway.

Oct 06, 12 at 12:32pm
Vapid Soul

I'd rather not mess with the motherboard anymore. Will probably just have the 3 sticks running..

Oct 06, 12 at 9:39am
Benedict

Remember to take pics!

Oct 06, 12 at 4:35am
hiigaran

likely the 4th stick is dead. try one more thing first. put any of your other sticks in to the 4th slot, just to see if it isnt actually the slot thats the issue. in that case, youd have to return the motherboard, rather than the faulty stick of RAM.

also, if your working sticks work in the 4th slot, but the 4th stick in to a different slot, and make sure.

Oct 05, 12 at 7:43pm
Vapid Soul

I got everything figured out. Whenever I boot my pc the cpu fan keeps spinning at 100% and doesn't increase speed when the core becomes hotter. I used speedfan to check this and have to change fan speed manually to cool the core. Going to mess with the bios settings to try and make it auto.

Another problem, my computer refuses to boot with the 4th memory stick. All of the sticks are working since i swapped them out and in. Any idea how to fix that so i can add my 4th memory stick in?