Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Tekken Tag Tournament 2 » Quick question? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 23, 12 at 2:55amKurai_Miu

Is spamming same move over and over like welcomed in tekken cause that's all I've seen ppl do when in ranked match, honestly I'm new to tekken it's my first one got it cause a good friend wanted to play together. But if that's all ppl in ranked matches to is down someone and spam a kick or do the same 3 hit combo over and over then was all the time I spent so far learning a lot of Jun's combos in vain. I admit im not great yet but if just spamming is all ppl do I'm discouraged to play ranked anymore and just do rooms with friends and kick spammers.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 28, 12 at 3:03am
Kokoro

Yeah, I plan to get more characters there in the future, but I just haven't been playing this game as much lately.

Nov 27, 12 at 10:47am
AgatioGanon

Kokoro, you could probrably get more characters than I could to that level if you wanted to, I'm awful at it.

Seriously, mostly all those ghost battles I won by luck, I don't block that much, technically all I do is cheap shot when the cpu is being stupid, I don't even know how I did this in the first place, like I said, luck.

Nov 26, 12 at 2:17am
Kokoro

The characters I have gotten to True Tekken God (the name of the highest ranking) with so far are Lili, Angel, Jun and Alisa.

Nov 24, 12 at 11:44pm
AgatioGanon

I finally reached the highest level with

Anna Williams
Jay Cee
Lili
Jun
Asuka
Zafina
Ogre
Devil Jin
Jinpachi
Dragunov
Kazuya

That took forever, now I have to do it again on the Wii U version.

Oct 05, 12 at 12:50am
Kokoro

It looks like you do. What I have originally thought was that you had to go through all the other Dans first, but that's not the case. I have just gotten to True Tekken God with Lili like an hour ago.

Oct 03, 12 at 3:24am
Fire Fox

But seriously, do you go from 32 dan (Tekken God) directly to 100 (True Tekken God)? That's kinda weird.

Edit: I just answered my own question.

Oct 03, 12 at 2:38am
Kokoro

Yeah, I at first assumed Tekken Lord was the highest ranking you could get, due to there being a trophy for it. Also, "returning characters" would be a better term for those who weren't in Tekken 6. The only actual new characters in the game are Sabastian and Slim Bob, who will be released as DLC on the 9th.

Oct 02, 12 at 5:03am
Fire Fox

Oh, I didn't know about this True Tekken God thing, I'll give it a try. After the platinum, I'm now trying out the "new" characters. Currently in love with Kunimitsu. <3

Oct 01, 12 at 1:57am
Kokoro

quote Horse
quote Kokoro
I just got to Tekken Lord offline a few days ago with Lili. I couldn't imagine how long it would take to get to the top ranking, True Tekken God, which is 100th Dan.
Just a few matches after Tekken God. I got it in about 450 wins overall. What's cool is that it unlocks the fire-style rage for the character you achieved the rank with.
Oh, really? I had the feeling it would take a while after Tekken God, but I guess I was wrong. Well, I should try to get there with Lili soon.

Sep 30, 12 at 9:28am
Horse

quote Kokoro
I just got to Tekken Lord offline a few days ago with Lili. I couldn't imagine how long it would take to get to the top ranking, True Tekken God, which is 100th Dan.
Just a few matches after Tekken God. I got it in about 450 wins overall. What's cool is that it unlocks the fire-style rage for the character you achieved the rank with.

One thing that riles me up about this game is the prevalence of throw spammers. What is absolutely *bleep*ing stupid about this game is that there are THREE different types of throw escapes. What's funny? The tutorial mode with Combot only shows ONE. You've either gotta press 1, 2, or 1+2 depending on the throw. Mash out the wrong button(s) and it won't work.

This is gloooooory for all those online throw spammers. They can just mix up throws and you either have to look at which side of their body they are using to throw you (which is pretty much impossible online, or in general really) or guess which throw escape to use. It's *bleep*ing ridiculous, and a reason why once I hit 1st Dan online for the trophy, I *bleep*ed off online altogether. Almost as bad as people who spam lows and/or Capoeira. The Tekken series in general is just too mash-and-spam-friendly.