Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Rajang help » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Sep 22, 12 at 8:43pmeagle2535

Rajang is a big demon bull that beats the living daylights out of me I NEED HELP
I don't know what armor to use so i pick a random set and I KNOW it should have thunder resist but kirin/khezu armor, well, khezu isn't that good and i'm not able to vs the high rank kirin to get amazing high rank kirin armor.
My weapon is frost edge+
I use SnS mainly and if I screw up lots then i use a hammer
Can someone recommend
1 strategy
2 weapon
3 armor

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 31, 12 at 4:58pm
Hanners

My personal gear recommendation for this quest is a full Gravios X (Ideally, you can use a different set as long as you get Guard +1 / +2) and gem the set for either Evade Dist Inc or Constitution. Stock up on Mega Juice, and get the Darkness lance. Bring a farcaster and as soon as the quest starts, use the farcaster and head outside the camp, the first Tigrex should be alone and give you a good amount of time to fight with it. Your damage capability will be high with how often Tigrex gets paralyzed by the Darkness lance, so you shouldn't have too much trouble hitting him. Be careful and block often though. And make sure your mega juice never runs out. A blocking hunter is a living hunter.

Make sure to keep the two Tigrex painted, as they will likely get into the same area at some point. What I try to do is cut off the tail on the first one, that way I can tell which one is which when they are in the same area, or when I'm trying to find the one I want to kill first. If you aren't comfortable using a lance, you may not want to try this tactic, but I find it's one of the fastest ways that I kill Tigrex usually, that or with a hammer.

Oct 31, 12 at 4:16am
navv

Land of the tremors is a hard one took me 2 tries to complete, for that quest i made The Khezu shock Blade
which is a good thunder weapon or you can use True Devil Slicer.........

Oct 30, 12 at 10:12pm
eagle2535

quote navv
There are some guides on youtube u can try them some are really good and some are noobish so u can have a look and then try
*facepalms* I killed him already but I forgot about Land Of The Tremors

Oct 25, 12 at 2:40pm
navv

There are some guides on youtube u can try them some are really good and some are noobish so u can have a look and then try

Oct 21, 12 at 8:13pm
eagle2535

I killed him... Next target, fire ring lunar ring, then onto the akantor!

Oct 12, 12 at 6:20pm
gn_x00

If you can evade the attacks better with that armor, then yes
but if you still getting hit as often as you did with other armor, then no. Narga got lower def

Oct 12, 12 at 11:37am
eagle2535

K, and if I'm getting hit wouldn't that make Narga armor the best for me to use? Just asking...

Oct 08, 12 at 12:50pm
Hanners

quote eagle2535
Um... the answer to that would be everything apart from electric beam and berserker punches
Well if that's all, then you're probably being too aggressive while fighting him. If you're facing him and he's facing you while you get hit by spin attack, then you need to rethink your positioning when you're close to him, generally you can get far enough away by rolling under his legs. But sometimes that's not the case, sometimes you don't have enough time.

That leaves... Backhop, body slam, and his rolling missile attack.
I can understand the backhop one, even after my considerable amount of fights against him, I still get backhopped by him a lot, and it friggin' hurts. Generally it becomes less common to be hit by it if you attack from the correct angles from behind him. Usually more to the side is a safer bet.
Body slam...? Eh, that one pretty much just screams that you didn't roll away quickly enough. :\ Rolling between his rear legs will put you in a safe spot from that attack, though you'll still get hit by the tremor probably.

The rolling missile attack? Well, that one also means you didn't roll away quickly enough. If he leaps backward when you're fighting him, at least half the time he's going to do that attack. So your best bet is to roll sideways, relevant to his current facing position. Generally rolling to the right at that point in time works the best. And, like many good things in life, you don't just roll once.

Oct 08, 12 at 5:14am
gn_x00

quote eagle2535
quote Hanners
Did you figure out what attacks are hitting you the most? Can't really help unless I know where you're having trouble.
Um... the answer to that would be everything apart from electric beam and berserker punches
Be less greedy duh... Greed is one of the most deadly sin in monster hunter.
You must be way too greedy if almost every single of Rajang's attack hits you while you can evade Plesioth attack >.>

Monster Hunter isn't a mindless whack and slash game
There isn't a "right way" to kill X or Y but you know that you're doing it wrong when you get hit too often...

Zig Zag charge... This is why I told you to run Left instead of right. Rajang never jump to your Left for the first Jump
Spin attack... this is why I told you to run Left. the hit box is a bit smaller in the left side. you can evade better in left side instead of getting hit with his huge hand in the right side
Berserker Punch... roll to his feet... or run to your left. it use his right hand first, so evading left will take care of the problem
there shouldn't be any more attack that can actually hit player other than that (or I'm simply forgot)

SUMMARY:
quote gn_x00
Strategy
Run Left. do you get hit?
a. Yes = Run Leftier
b. No = Keep running Left

other than that. roll to its small feet when you can't evade left

Oct 08, 12 at 12:01am
eagle2535

quote Hanners
Did you figure out what attacks are hitting you the most? Can't really help unless I know where you're having trouble.