Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Kevin Butler (the VP of Sony in all those commercials) promotes the Wuu » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 21, 12 at 9:38pmDedValve

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/151958/Bridgestone-commercial-Kevin-Butler-becomes-VP-of-Betrayal/

EDIT: Or actually just the Wii apparently, but still funny as hell news that I'd thought I share. Sony must be raging furious, what was Kevin thinking? A new version of the trailer came out removing Butler but one things for sure, he's probably never gonna show up in again in another Sony press conference.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=186163

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 08, 12 at 10:34pm
XXIV

They must be pretty desperate if they are actually doing this. You can't just say you own someones face. Unless its a game, in which you have to be pretty good to say that.

Oct 07, 12 at 3:22pm
bbb7002004

Trev_GFC

Kevin Butler is a fictional character, portrayed by an actor named Jerry Lambert. Mr. Lambert isn't an exec. of anything at Sony, just an actor paid by Sony to be in a few commercials.

Sony is apparently suing for copyright of the character. Apparently Sony's lawyers think that having someone act in a few commercials means they own that person for the rest of eternity.

Oct 07, 12 at 2:30pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Trev_GFC
I was assuming the commercial was made before he was employed at Sony. If he was still an employee at Sony at the time, then it's stupid by him, as long as it's in his contract.

Edit: forgot to add stupid of Bridgestone too, but surely Butler should've mentioned his contract with Sony. My gut feeling is KB's contract must've been vague in this regard, leading to confusion. But my head says how could it possibly be confusing?
interpretation my friend, that is all, if a sentence is made of words that can be interpreted in multiple ways then it creates ambiguity, with this the contract loses clarity and in consequence it means it allows multiple interpretations on what it means, were i live that mix is forbidden and now i can see why

Oct 07, 12 at 12:35pm
Trev_GFC

I was assuming the commercial was made before he was employed at Sony. If he was still an employee at Sony at the time, then it's stupid by him, as long as it's in his contract.

Edit: forgot to add stupid of Bridgestone too, but surely Butler should've mentioned his contract with Sony. My gut feeling is KB's contract must've been vague in this regard, leading to confusion. But my head says how could it possibly be confusing?

Oct 06, 12 at 5:44pm
bbb7002004

LOL, Sony is apparently suing Bridgestone and the actor (Jerry Lambert's his name). Well done.

Sep 24, 12 at 6:45pm
XXIV

Big A2: How do you sing something in blood :L

I don't see anything wrong with this. He's an actor, he acts for a living. Let him do his job.

Sep 24, 12 at 8:34am
Big A2

Not in the world of console wars. There, appearing in a commercial isn't just a job, it's a contract signed in blood.

Though I do wonder asked Bridgestone to change it, since I really can't see a tyre company caring about whether some middle-aged man in their commerical is working for Sony now.

Sep 24, 12 at 6:59am
bbb7002004

I don't really get why Bridgestone change the commercial. Dude's an actor, he acts in things.

Sep 23, 12 at 9:40am
Trev_GFC

Why would Sony be furious? He would've done that advert before joining Sony, and Sony would've seen his work at Ninty on his CV (Résumé).

Why edit the post but not the original title?

Sep 21, 12 at 9:38pm
DedValve

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/151958/Bridgestone-commercial-Kevin-Butler-becomes-VP-of-Betrayal/

EDIT: Or actually just the Wii apparently, but still funny as hell news that I'd thought I share. Sony must be raging furious, what was Kevin thinking? A new version of the trailer came out removing Butler but one things for sure, he's probably never gonna show up in again in another Sony press conference.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=186163