Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Sound Card fried for sure, what steps do I take now? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 21, 12 at 5:21pm
ashantiqua

if its "onboard" sound (built into the motherboard; just a chip soldered on the mobo; cannot be moved), theres no replacing it without replacing the entire motherboard itself. you can, however, just buy a sound card and thatll take its place.

if its a sound card thats busted (a physical card with gold pins that fits into a plastic socket on the mobo; can be removed) you can replace the sound card with a new one.

in both situations, you can use any sound card, not just ASUS, as long as it is a compatible socket type.

thats about it.

Sep 21, 12 at 3:48pm
Iseden

Hi I recently blew my sound card the other day when I unplugged my guitar from my amp not remembering that the amp was still plugged into my computer. So anyways I'm almost positive that my card is blown, seeing as I've tried the speakers on my other computer and they work fine, & my drivers are up to date. I'd now like to know how to replace my sound card. Obviously I'll need a new one, this also brings up some problems. Here are my computer's specs:

Model: Asus CG1330
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T Processor - 2.70 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
System Type: 64 bit

So what kind of sound card will I need? Will it have to be an Asus brand? What if my sound card is fused to my MB?, Will I have to replace it too? Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT/UPDATE: Alright so after I posted this thread I left to go to a friend's house. Once I came back I found one of my sisters had been on my computer. Now the audio works but the qaulity is absolute shit. Buzzing and a bunch of junk in the background. So I'm assuming that it's still fried but before I buy a new one to replace it I'd like to try and fix this one. Are there any home remedies anyone can suggest to try? Thanks again