Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Best Fire attribute weapons » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Sep 20, 12 at 8:40pmredpyrohunter

I have spear and bow of prominence, dijinn, rathalos firesword. Are there any other flame weapons you would suggest?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 03, 12 at 6:27am
Zartan13

The regulation gun hammer is very good fire attribute. High damage, white sharpness, and a huge fire attribute.

Oct 01, 12 at 1:40am
Hanners

Raw is the best for slow weapons like Greatswords and Hammers, (Often Longswords as well).
Fast weapons or weapons with lower maximum raw (Sword n' shield, Dual Swords, Lances, Bows) gain a significant benefit to their dps by having an element that the monster is weak against. But even I will get lazy and just be like "Ehhh, I don't want to find out which element it's weak to... guess I'll bring raw then!"

Oct 01, 12 at 1:21am
Zakuto

quote gn_x00
weak to ice:
-PD Hermitaur
-C Blangonga
-E Congalala
-Rathalos (only the red one)
-Diablos/B Diablos
-Rajang
-Lunastra
-Yama Tsukami
total = 9

weak to fire:
-Congalala
-Daimyo
-King Shakalaka
-Narga
-Plesioth/Green
-Khezu
-Gypceros/Purple
-Vespoid Queen
-Hypnocatrice
-Blangonga
-Lao-Shan Lung/Azure
-Chameleos
-S Gaoren
-Ukanlos
Total = 17
Oh now i get it. But still, i mainly rely on a good raw weapon cos its all rounder and i don't have to bother much with elements although it helps.

Sep 24, 12 at 5:01am
gn_x00

quote Zakuto
Well i am not sure why are you getting fire weapons now since Hr7 onwards monsters are mainly weak to ice but im assuming you just like fire weapons alot
weak to ice:
-PD Hermitaur
-C Blangonga
-E Congalala
-Rathalos (only the red one)
-Diablos/B Diablos
-Rajang
-Lunastra
-Yama Tsukami
total = 9

weak to fire:
-Congalala
-Daimyo
-King Shakalaka
-Narga
-Plesioth/Green
-Khezu
-Gypceros/Purple
-Vespoid Queen
-Hypnocatrice
-Blangonga
-Lao-Shan Lung/Azure
-Chameleos
-S Gaoren
-Ukanlos
Total = 17

Sep 24, 12 at 3:54am
Zakuto

Well i am not sure why are you getting fire weapons now since Hr7 onwards monsters are mainly weak to ice but im assuming you just like fire weapons alot

Sep 22, 12 at 2:11am
gn_x00

quote redpyrohunter
I have spear and bow of prominence, dijinn, rathalos firesword. Are there any other flame weapons you would suggest?
- prominence bow will eventually upgraded into a good fire pierce bow.
- Rathalos firesword won't be able to be upgraded into G-Rank, and the best Great Sword in fire might be Teostra del Sol or Igneous Sword. I will go with Igneous Sword for performance though. Teostra del Sol do almost the same but with cooler looks (IMO). Igneous Sword can only be started to be made at HR 8 (Igneous Blade) and upgrade to IS at HR 9. Teostra del Sol can be made from high rank (Ancient Flat stone)
- djinn unfortunately can't be upgraded after blazing falchion. it is better to go red saber > corona > golden falchion >>>

For fire weapon, my favourite will be punishment blade (DS HR 9). it is made from red saber > twin flame > hi twin flame >>>
If you don't use auto reload, Teostra HBG will kill Narga and other fire weak monsters fast. If you use AR though, Ultimate LaoShao Cannon is better
for long swords, you will want to make a Wyvern Blade 'Fall' and upgrade it.

And if you want to say "I'm looking for the best at HR 7!! Don't give me HR 9 things that I can't get", I honestly think that their HR 7 form isn't that bad (and some is still the best at that stage too) and HR 7 to HR 9 isn't that far. you will most likely tried to make the best HR 9 weapons soon

Sep 21, 12 at 9:24pm
redpyrohunter

I am HR 7.

Sep 21, 12 at 2:28am
gogengantes

Which rank?

Sep 20, 12 at 8:40pm
redpyrohunter