Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Yes! I'm about to hit prestige 20 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Sep 19, 12 at 7:14pmironmunky

I can't wait, no more having to go without Pro perks and now I can level up any weapon without having to worry about loosing everything. I'm gonna become a beast!

I will have 2 Prestige tokens to use on double weapon XP. I'm thinking I'll use them to level up the harder to level weapons. Maybe the AA12 and the PM-9. Never use either of these much, didn't like them much either.

What weapons do you think are the hardest to level up?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 01, 12 at 7:08am
Andres

Dragunov was my first gold gun on this game and I've played for over five days (not much compared to a lot of people but whatever). It's seriously not bad when you get used to managing the recoil and trigger speed needed to make it decent. I think I have my second best gun ratio with it IIRC. With Speed, Quickdraw and an ACOG Scope you can charge around at SMG speed which often catches people out in objective-based modes.

In fact the only other primary I've maxed-out is the Riot Shield haha.

Oct 01, 12 at 6:36am
KR_1250

WHOA !

Dont go wasting those tokens on the AA-12 and Dragunov!

The AA-12 is a great close up weapon and if you use an MP-9 as your secondary you should be fine. I used that setup on almost any map and it was perfectly useable. I'd just run around with the MP-9 until i hit a tight section then whip out the AA.

And The Dragunov is either a crappy sniper, or crappy semi-auto rifle but is useable in both roles. I used it for a good while as an AR and getting kills wasnt my problem. The fact that the Mk14 was better was my problem. Also if you are struggling... remember the MP-9. Use that as your primary and the other weapon barely matters. Just use it when the oppertunity is right.

I'd save those tokens for pump actions personally. I am a big shottie fan and its usually my favoourite class in FPS game but some of the ones in this game are just aweful. They dont really perform in the reliable CQB role a shotgun should. And not just in performance, they can also be incredibly boring and frustratuing to level up. You'd need to pay me £1000 before i'd gold the SPAS, Models or KSG.

It all depends on playstyle really. I'd have a real good bash at all of the weapons individually, taking each for a little test run trying to level them up as quick as possible before you decide. Only you can be sure.

Sep 28, 12 at 3:59pm
Chrono

How many days is that logged?

Sep 28, 12 at 9:22am
DIRTYBLUEJAY69

LOL.. and I thought I didnt have a life.

Sep 21, 12 at 9:35pm
ironmunky

quote IUSEthePM-9
quote ironmunky
As it is I've golded many guns on my way to 20th prestige. P90 has been gold at least 7 times, L118 around 4 or 5, ACR a few time, MSR a few, MK14 9ish times, and a lot of guns once. I've never gotten a shotty gold, but I did get damage on a spas 12, I was sad when I prestiged that time. I never used the Dragunov much but I thought it was about the same as the RSASS, which I treated like a long range MK14, even went ACOG with it a bit.
On average I gold 3-4 weapons per prestige, just wish I didn't have to start over now.

Not really worried about the SMGs, assault rifles, or even the snipers. Shottys have me worried a bit as well as the LMGs. I'm good with the L86 and the MG36 but I don't know about the others, they seem to lack any sort of accuracy to me.
The MK46 is really the surprise package of the LMG's, it's actually a very solid gun. In fact for me the worst was the MG36, had a little bit too much sideways recoil, so if you're like me, if you like the MG36, you won't find the LMG's overall too hard.
Once you put grip on the MG36 you don't get that side to side effect, it's actually really accurate. Throw on a silencer later and you're golden.

Sep 21, 12 at 8:53pm
IUSEthePM-9

quote ironmunky
As it is I've golded many guns on my way to 20th prestige. P90 has been gold at least 7 times, L118 around 4 or 5, ACR a few time, MSR a few, MK14 9ish times, and a lot of guns once. I've never gotten a shotty gold, but I did get damage on a spas 12, I was sad when I prestiged that time. I never used the Dragunov much but I thought it was about the same as the RSASS, which I treated like a long range MK14, even went ACOG with it a bit.
On average I gold 3-4 weapons per prestige, just wish I didn't have to start over now.

Not really worried about the SMGs, assault rifles, or even the snipers. Shottys have me worried a bit as well as the LMGs. I'm good with the L86 and the MG36 but I don't know about the others, they seem to lack any sort of accuracy to me.
The MK46 is really the surprise package of the LMG's, it's actually a very solid gun. In fact for me the worst was the MG36, had a little bit too much sideways recoil, so if you're like me, if you like the MG36, you won't find the LMG's overall too hard.

Sep 21, 12 at 4:44pm
ironmunky

Sep 20, 12 at 6:16pm
theQman

quote IUSEthePM-9
quote theQman
I don't level up guns I don't like so I can't say what's the hardest, but the AA-12 was the easiest shotgun to level up for me, people just don't know how to use it (not speaking for everyone).
In all seriousness did you camp in any corners, because for the life of me I could barely get more than one guy without having to reload, and people are always running in pairs. What proficiency did you use as well?
Camp? Lol! If you camp how do you expect to level up the gun?

But I use Damage on every Shotgun. My ideal setup for all Shotguns is Damage and Extended Mags -- you can never go wrong with that.

But before unlocking Damage and Range I just used kick and Focus.

Sep 20, 12 at 6:06pm
IUSEthePM-9

quote theQman
I don't level up guns I don't like so I can't say what's the hardest, but the AA-12 was the easiest shotgun to level up for me, people just don't know how to use it (not speaking for everyone).
In all seriousness did you camp in any corners, because for the life of me I could barely get more than one guy without having to reload, and people are always running in pairs. What proficiency did you use as well?

Sep 20, 12 at 6:00pm
theQman