Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 » First Impressions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Sep 19, 12 at 5:07amJojubus

Got the game yesterday (in Holland) and after a few games my first impressions are:
- very good ai. Players in defence and attack anticipate much better to your play. You really feel that you play with 10 teammates
- so, as a result of the much better AI, passing is again (just like the old days of Pes) of great improtance. You really have to play smart football to get thorugh and score goals
- the speed feels a little slow. Of course you can adjust it, but I wait and see if I get used to it
- the shooting feels strange; the shots are very soft...like in slow motion. I think I have to get used to this. Something changed
- the new 'free passing' system (with the arrow) really is a big bonus. You can choose between old fashioned passing and with the arrow. The latter gives you complete freedom where and how to pass. It is a great mix between the normal pass and the 'triangle' through ball. Love it!
- As for how the game looks; nothings changed! Completely the same as last Pes. Which is okay, but I expected some improvement
- transfers not up to date at all. Wait for Konami
- Konami has a habit of taking out stuff that were there in previous pes-games. They added lots of stadiums...but why taking out the amsterdam arena??!!

That's it! Buy it and have fun!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 07, 12 at 6:36am
Deakin69

Only really played the Champs League mode so far, got to quarters with Man City on Top Player then lost to Real Madrid. Just started another with Liverpool played 3 in the group and won them all. Had high scoring games with Liverpool think I won 5-2, 4-0, 3-1 - should get through the group easily....

Bellamy is still with Liverpool and he is pretty good, very quick out wide. Also the high crosses (R2 + circle) work well with Carroll up front. Scored some cracking goals...long shots are possibly a little too easy I must have saved a dozen replays already. But every goal is different and the gameplay is addictive. Maybe I will move to superstar when I start a ML, just waiting for a decent option file first to get everything updated. Not tried online or anything yet.

Oct 03, 12 at 4:23pm
oggmeista

quote Parmar1993
quote oggmeista
You know BAL is an additional extra it's an added part of the game which was added to make it more amicable particularly to new players and it proved successful and it has stuck
Other parts of the game which have been ignored and omitted are NOT additional extras they were part of the games original options and features, this to me is unforgivable
such as...?

you've been really negative on here, maybe find some positives about the game as well.

thing is, BAL is very enjoyable, suits the gameplay well and I could genuinely play it until PES2014 comes out.
Ok well while BAL might be quite good , I really don't think it, would be at all successfull as a standalone product as it is, though they might be able to make it marketable if they add more features options etc ..to it.
THe basic game however would still do very well commercially even without the BAL options.
The reason why i'm being negative about this years release is frankly because i am justified to do so

But positives

2nd controller side check has been altered so that 2nd human player can now use the AI teams, I had been complaining against this 2 because KONAMI originally had the game as it is in the 2013 game but for years players were unable to compete for the AI teams during a cup league or other competition thankfully they have finally realised this and thankfully rectified it.
the new games engine feels smoother more robust and more polished, though whether the AI has actually been improved to make it more realistic is questionable and as I have been reading opinions on this board are split Within these same mechanics though they have changed the lenency of referees which is to say the least harsh this year with the game giving Yellow cards for the slightest obstruction and even second reds...this imo is not an improvement, Goal keepers are definateley better now and do feel more realistic though this has taken away the ability to be able to score frong longer ranges on a regular basis, which to me was better because spectacular goals are always good to be able to score so long as their is a high level of ability in order to succeed
Ok not all positives but then again not every change in the games engines mechanics have in my opinion been positive though some cahnges are though very welcome.

Oct 03, 12 at 12:15pm
Parmar1993

quote oggmeista
You know BAL is an additional extra it's an added part of the game which was added to make it more amicable particularly to new players and it proved successful and it has stuck
Other parts of the game which have been ignored and omitted are NOT additional extras they were part of the games original options and features, this to me is unforgivable
such as...?

you've been really negative on here, maybe find some positives about the game as well.

thing is, BAL is very enjoyable, suits the gameplay well and I could genuinely play it until PES2014 comes out.

Oct 03, 12 at 11:36am
oggmeista

Oct 02, 12 at 6:55am
Parmar1993

quote RJW87
I can only comment on my events with the game. I wouldn't go as far to say the worst i found PES 6 to be awful, but it is definatly worse than 2012. The forward players read the game a lot better with through runs and switching the play.

The Be A Legend just dosen't feel acturate.I also pley on Top Player anmd have moved clubs twice, now playing for West Brom and still find the players would rather run the ball into the wings before losing it or play a ridiculas 40 pass back to the defence who then pas to the opposing team.

i have just realised all the teams are not up to date!!! how can this be when the season has been running for 2 months piror to release.

I just think that a few simple tweaks are needed to improve the overall playability, non more so than being able to rush the end of a match if you are subbed off, or if your not going to be put on in the first half dont make people sit through it.
I like BAL. as with teams in real life you have to gel into the team, you can't just leave because you arent getting service. all teams would be the same so stay longer than a season or so and reap the benefits.

as for the players, there is a data lock day for games and this was presumably during the transfer window. that's why teams aren't up to date.

Oct 02, 12 at 5:42am
RJW87

I can only comment on my events with the game. I wouldn't go as far to say the worst i found PES 6 to be awful, but it is definatly worse than 2012. The forward players read the game a lot better with through runs and switching the play.

The Be A Legend just dosen't feel acturate.I also pley on Top Player anmd have moved clubs twice, now playing for West Brom and still find the players would rather run the ball into the wings before losing it or play a ridiculas 40 pass back to the defence who then pas to the opposing team.

i have just realised all the teams are not up to date!!! how can this be when the season has been running for 2 months piror to release.

I just think that a few simple tweaks are needed to improve the overall playability, non more so than being able to rush the end of a match if you are subbed off, or if your not going to be put on in the first half dont make people sit through it.

Oct 02, 12 at 5:30am
Chelskiman

I have had no such trouble with the AI in Become a Legend, so I dunno what you guys are on about. I play on Top Player as well, and my team mates are fine. They even score goals which I don't have any part in at all. I'm playing for Vitesse, so it's not like I'm playing for a top team. To say this game is the worst PES yet is the biggest overreaction I've ever heard, considering most are saying this is the best PES since PES 5 and 6. =/

Oct 02, 12 at 4:37am
RJW87

I have to agree with Slatermill, its so bad. No matter how well you do in the role you choose, and if your lucky enough to get picked in that role, the team never look at your runs, hold on to the ball for far too long. the only way to score is doing all the work yourself and continually using the 1-2 pass system. i have played Fifa to compare against and they have a much better system in place for be a pro. ( albeit the gameis poor in other aspects.) I have i also noticed from the master league that all the players man marking are default to the striker of the opposing team, so if u win the ball back in the fashion of 8 year old boys all chasing the same ball, you have no outlet up field.

Good points on the game have to be the training skills they added, tricky to pull off in game but definatly worth it when you do, i also like the boot shop addition.

I do feel it is a game far from the expectation set by 2012 though. But i will never join the Fifa mob.

quote Slatermill
Good AI?

Did we play the same game?

This is the worst AI I ever seen in any game.
BL mode is impossible to play. the players cant pass the opposition defence, and as a result 90% of the game is played in the 2\3 of any teams side, then the a player try to attack in the opposition 1\3, lose the ball, the other team does the same etc in an endless loop.

Here are some numbers I calculated cuz of bordem (playing SS, getting the ball about 3-6 times a whole game. 10 mins play time. Proffesional mode) :
Total attacks of both teams - about 30 a game.
Total times ball is lost in the wings - about 25 a game.
Game scores after 6 games played (as an SS with Pascara) : 4 times 0-0. twice lost 1-0. both goals from corners.

You know how boring the game when you sit on the bench and watch the game played in X2.0 speed?
well now its worse. no situatuins near he goals. no shots. just losing the ball again and again and again. no metter if you play or not. even tried playing Midfield like I usualy do and the dunb AI players dont even try to run channels or into an empty space like they did in PES 2012. you just have to try alone or pass and see the player lose the ball.

Worst PES I remember.

Oct 02, 12 at 1:10am
Parmar1993

Metal Knuckle, I started as an Attacking Midfielder as 63 overall rating, I am now 71 there in my third season but the manager plays me as a winger where I am rated 79. you can learn new positions and cards when you want, provided you spend points on it that you earn from matches in BAL.

great fun, I think I can go all the way in the mode until I am 30 or so because I enjoy it so much.

Oct 01, 12 at 8:55pm
Chelskiman

quote Metal Knuckle
quote Chelskiman
BAL is immense this year. New features include equipping boots that boost some stats. You earn new boots by being awarded man of the match. There's a thread dedicated to general BAL talk here and a few of us have our own story threads if you want to have a read (here, here and here)

Love your avatar btw.
Cheers mate. I don't post much on here anymore, but I always appreciate the contributions you make to the PES forums each year (I see you're a big fan of BAL like me). One more thing - how is the BAL player development in this edition? Do you think it's a pretty good balance (i.e. do you think your player's attributes will eventually become too good, or not as good as you would have hoped by the time he reaches his peak?). How old is your current player compared to his overall rating? Thanks again for the info, really appreciate it.
Well my guy started out with an overall rating of 71 and I'm halfway through my 3rd season and I'm rated 86. I am a winger and the boots I'm using boost my speed stats up by about 4, which explains why my OA is fairly high at just 19. Without my boots I'm rated 84.

My default Top Speed is 82 and my default Explosive Power is 89 but with the boots I have on it bumps my Top Speed up to 87 and my Explosive Power up to 94.