Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Real player is eating memory like crazy » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 18, 12 at 10:22pmDuncan Idaho

so i downloaded real player for it's app real player downloader now i find at random the damn thing is starting two proceses, both use over 90% in CPU i can shut them down but they are replaced by a third process, inactive system process it's cpu usage goes from 87 to 98 it will shift trough all the numbers between those two, but it's a hollow process since my current CPU usage is of 2% to 14%

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 05, 12 at 5:53am
Leonidas-SD

People still use Real Player ? I thought it was dead a decade ago when it started incorporating bloatware into its installation. I know that from that moment on I dont use it.

VLC all the way!

Sep 19, 12 at 7:42am
Duncan Idaho

i would have tought the same but if i open presentation or opera both process start operating, not even if i reset the laptop they start.

Sep 19, 12 at 7:40am
harbin

Those'll be background processes that open up on startup automatically probably.

Sep 19, 12 at 7:29am
harbin

It's Real Player that sucks, which is why I never use it.

Download RealAlternative if you need to open them. I use MPC-HC as my main media player for opening standalone files.

Sep 19, 12 at 7:21am
Duncan Idaho

quote Chekkaa
Either your system sucks, or Real Player sucks. Have you looked at VLC?
chekka i have a decent laptop, real player is buggy, meh i might wind up uninstaling it since real player downloader is still buggy (tells me i need adobe flash player to work with .flv files which is the default format it downloads any video and i have flash player but it wont acknowledge it) and i use VLC for reproducing video.

hiigaran probably is the process you mention, the name i posted differs since i translated it from spanish

Sep 19, 12 at 12:22am
Chekkaa

Either your system sucks, or Real Player sucks. Have you looked at VLC?

Sep 19, 12 at 12:03am
hiigaran

inactive system process? you mean system idle process? that process is supposed to have a high value. put simply, it shows what percentage of your CPU is idle (its more complicated than that, but thats all you need to know).

Sep 18, 12 at 10:22pm
Duncan Idaho

so i downloaded real player for it's app real player downloader now i find at random the damn thing is starting two proceses, both use over 90% in CPU i can shut them down but they are replaced by a third process, inactive system process it's cpu usage goes from 87 to 98 it will shift trough all the numbers between those two, but it's a hollow process since my current CPU usage is of 2% to 14%