Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Computer Help and Discussion » Real player is eating memory like crazy » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 18, 12 at 10:22pmDuncan Idaho

so i downloaded real player for it's app real player downloader now i find at random the damn thing is starting two proceses, both use over 90% in CPU i can shut them down but they are replaced by a third process, inactive system process it's cpu usage goes from 87 to 98 it will shift trough all the numbers between those two, but it's a hollow process since my current CPU usage is of 2% to 14%

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 05, 12 at 5:53am
Leonidas-SD

People still use Real Player ? I thought it was dead a decade ago when it started incorporating bloatware into its installation. I know that from that moment on I dont use it.

VLC all the way!

Sep 19, 12 at 7:42am
Duncan Idaho

i would have tought the same but if i open presentation or opera both process start operating, not even if i reset the laptop they start.

Sep 19, 12 at 7:40am
hbn

Those'll be background processes that open up on startup automatically probably.

Sep 19, 12 at 7:29am
hbn

It's Real Player that sucks, which is why I never use it.

Download RealAlternative if you need to open them. I use MPC-HC as my main media player for opening standalone files.

Sep 19, 12 at 7:21am
Duncan Idaho

quote Chekkaa
Either your system sucks, or Real Player sucks. Have you looked at VLC?
chekka i have a decent laptop, real player is buggy, meh i might wind up uninstaling it since real player downloader is still buggy (tells me i need adobe flash player to work with .flv files which is the default format it downloads any video and i have flash player but it wont acknowledge it) and i use VLC for reproducing video.

hiigaran probably is the process you mention, the name i posted differs since i translated it from spanish

Sep 19, 12 at 12:22am
Chekkaa

Either your system sucks, or Real Player sucks. Have you looked at VLC?

Sep 19, 12 at 12:03am
hiigaran

inactive system process? you mean system idle process? that process is supposed to have a high value. put simply, it shows what percentage of your CPU is idle (its more complicated than that, but thats all you need to know).

Sep 18, 12 at 10:22pm
Duncan Idaho

so i downloaded real player for it's app real player downloader now i find at random the damn thing is starting two proceses, both use over 90% in CPU i can shut them down but they are replaced by a third process, inactive system process it's cpu usage goes from 87 to 98 it will shift trough all the numbers between those two, but it's a hollow process since my current CPU usage is of 2% to 14%