Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 18, 12 at 1:01pmoriginal

Hey there guys.

I'll be heading to college soon to start my HND course, and I'll be needing a laptop. I've found this one, it's in my price range and I'm wondering if it'll be sufficient for games such as LoL and Minecraft and whether or not it'll be able to play a few high-end games.

Laptop in question.

Basically an i5-3210M (2.5GHz x2) with an Intel HD 4000 integrated card, 6GB RAM.

Not looking for crazy performance, as I obviously won't get it without a dedicated video card, but I want games to be smooth and playable without having to mess with the graphic options to the point where games are basically squares with fancy colours.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 18, 12 at 2:10pm
original

You'd have to be slightly more specific.

Decided on this. Gotta love price-drops.

Oct 09, 12 at 3:46am
ruby

As you are looking to play games Dell i7 is better for you!!

Oct 07, 12 at 5:54am
original

xx2liu

Budget is £500.

The laptop I've pretty much decided on is this, after some help in the main Computer Hardware forum.

Oct 06, 12 at 7:38pm
xx2liu

quote original
Hey there guys.

I'll be heading to college soon to start my HND course, and I'll be needing a laptop. I've found this one, it's in my price range and I'm wondering if it'll be sufficient for games such as LoL and Minecraft and whether or not it'll be able to play a few high-end games.

Laptop in question.

Basically an i5-3210M (2.5GHz x2) with an Intel HD 4000 integrated card, 6GB RAM.

Not looking for crazy performance, as I obviously won't get it without a dedicated video card, but I want games to be smooth and playable without having to mess with the graphic options to the point where games are basically squares with fancy colours.
whats your budget? at lower budgets its a better idea to get one of the AMD processor laptops with their integrated graphics as your focus seem to be on gaming and the graphics in the new AMD trinity (a10) cpu + GPU combo beats the HD 4000 I believe. but then again you can always find an i3/i5 with a GT 540/630m for around 500-600 these days

Sep 18, 12 at 10:46pm
marry

hi , i am not having good knowledge about laptop but i am thinking to buy a laptop at affordable prize .can you suggest me any. i don't have any idea about Hard disk and all . can you help me out?

Sep 18, 12 at 1:01pm
original

Hey there guys.

Laptop in question.