Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Hi Guys. New to the Game. Need Some Advice. » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos
Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 17, 12 at 12:16pmKnight Saziel

I'm only on 2 star HR. I'm currently using Bone Katana 'Wolf', but I want to make a SnS and a Dual Sword set, but I have no idea which line to start with. Any help would be appreciated!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 27, 12 at 2:59pm
Knight Saziel

Alrighty, sounds good then.

Sep 27, 12 at 2:11pm
Hanners

quote Knight Saziel
Is the Rathalos Soul Armor worth making? Right now I'm farming Troublesome Pair, and the Pink Rathian quest in 6* Elder, and I was thinking of going for the Azure Rathalos, too.
I highly recommend Rathalos Soul armor, Saziel.
If you use it with the Yian Garuga mask helmet you can make a very useful set. I used that set for the longest time, even through a bit of High-Rank before I got the Hi-Rank equivalent.
It makes for a good High-Grade Earplug set when you snag the Garuga Mask for it.

Sep 27, 12 at 9:50am
Knight Saziel

Is the Rathalos Soul Armor worth making? Right now I'm farming Troublesome Pair, and the Pink Rathian quest in 6* Elder, and I was thinking of going for the Azure Rathalos, too.

Sep 27, 12 at 6:14am
PlayForFun

quote gn_x00
well, as for me, I'm not saying your tactic is bad or anything. as for my questions in a few posts back, I really want to know about your tactic against the Tigrex and Plesioth who has troublesome Charge and Hip attack
I did use that kind of tactic back in my MH in PS 2. and at least I know it is doable to some extent
[/quote]

Well as i said before i use this tactic only on YKK,gupceros and sometimes garuga.As for tigrex i use charge tactic and plesy -HBG .I never said that i only use GS on all fights. There simply are monsters that are easier to beat em with gs and monsters that are easier to beat em with other weapons...
My preferance:
Heavy armored/Ples/Ceph -HBG
Chicken type -GS exept hypno -(Hammer)
Rath/Los -GS
Crab type- Hammer
Konga,Blang -Hamer,SnS
Elder dargons -Depence of the fight
But as gn x00 said all weapons do the job as long as you know how/when to use them.
P.S. But ive seen videos where some1 actually done plesy by standing beetween hes legs so its doable.Just need to time perfectly your dodges.(cant do my self tho ,might try sometime in the future with evade+2 and evade distance)

Sep 26, 12 at 4:11pm
gn_x00

at ★★★★★, the best is at 912 atp for GS.
768 ATP (Revenger Blade+) is enough for low rank Tigrex though.

Sep 26, 12 at 3:53pm
Hanners

quote Hunterx
a gs weapon with aleast 916 damage power
... In low rank pre-★★★★★? Difficult, if not impossible.
Post-★★★★★, sure why not.

Sep 26, 12 at 3:33pm
Hunterx

quote Knight Saziel
Finished the Tigrex urgent elder quest. That was not fun at all. I do not like fighting him, and unfortunately, I need a lot of materials from him. I just can't figure out a good strategy. It seems if I even attack him once, I'm going to get steamrolled immediately. I barely beat him. Final try, only a couple of potions left. >_<
Use the charge method with a gs weapon with aleast 916 damage power, whenever he charges go to his back, charge and strike, he would flinch giving you time to roll out of his sight also 2 full charge on its skull would break it skull and enrage it, then just run like a little girl untill he calm down, you may attack it, if he jump twice which he would taunt/ hit me now stance, I don't fight tigrex whenever he is eraged.

Sep 26, 12 at 11:39am
Hanners

quote PlayForFun
Love people that are so tunel visioned that ignoring all other tactics out there .Im not saying that weapon doesnt bounce off but you dont just atack blindly spaming,thas why there are dodge skills worst case scenario esp?You know different set of skill are there to mach your playing style?And cmon realy? its bloody YKK ...
I like how you assume that I assume it doesn't work. Of course it works, to an extent.
And then you change your definition of it to include dodging at specific points, and the integration of specific armor skills? Wow, this is starting to sound like an actual tactic.

And yes it is, I'm not saying YKK is difficult. I'm saying it's a good monster to practice on. And since Knight Saziel is a newer hunter, he would do well at practicing all the valuable skills necessary for later and harder fights. Which is why I'm not terribly fond of your previous tactical suggestion. Learning sooner is better than learning later the hard way as far as I'm concerned.

I never said you were wrong. I just said I didn't like it. Settle down.

quote Knight Saziel
Finished the Tigrex urgent elder quest. That was not fun at all. I do not like fighting him, and unfortunately, I need a lot of materials from him. I just can't figure out a good strategy. It seems if I even attack him once, I'm going to get steamrolled immediately. I barely beat him. Final try, only a couple of potions left. >_<
Nice job man. Tiggy is a pain the first couple times. Once you find the right weapon and strategy for him he's a breeze. Try using a weapon with guard, like a Lance or Sword and Shield. Also, Tigrex's charge is a good method of getting him to face away from you. I'm usually chasing everything that's charging as it's doing so, so when they stop I have a nice gap to hit them before they start to turn at me again. Tiggy is harder to do it with since he turns during his charge usually. But it's still manageable.

Sep 26, 12 at 11:24am
Knight Saziel

Sep 26, 12 at 6:56am
gn_x00

quote PlayForFun
Love people that are so tunel visioned that ignoring all other tactics out there .Im not saying that weapon doesnt bounce off but you dont just atack blindly spaming,thas why there are dodge skills worst case scenario esp?You know different set of skill are there to mach your playing style?And cmon realy? its bloody YKK ...
well, as for me, I'm not saying your tactic is bad or anything. as for my questions in a few posts back, I really want to know about your tactic against the Tigrex and Plesioth who has troublesome Charge and Hip attack
I did use that kind of tactic back in my MH in PS 2. and at least I know it is doable to some extent

But I have to disagree with your opinion about ESP.
the fact that someone need to use ESP is proof that he is attacking blindly. Green sharpness is enough so that you don't bounce even on G-Rank monsters's weak points.