Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Sims 3 » The Sims 4? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to Neoseeker! Please read through the forum rules before posting. Why don't you <a href="/members/register.html" targ
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 15, 12 at 1:55pmTheBeardedMan

I know its probably a stupid question but has there been any news on TS4? I'm too lazy to actually look it up

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 16, 12 at 2:18pm
thetwilight

I wouldn't say that TS3 was a step back, but it certainly wasn't a giant leap forward either.

Sep 16, 12 at 4:31am
TheBeardedMan

I know that TS3 on the pc was a step back from TS2 but on consoles it was a big step forward with new features and the pc style gameplay so I was really happy with TS3

Gotta agree they're milking it for all its worth but I know you don't have to buy the expansions they were cheaper and better for the TS2 so you can see why people are annoyed

Sep 16, 12 at 2:47am
Tay Rex

quote DC Sniper
Uh guys, no one is forcing you to buy the expansion packs.

The Sims 3 was great in terms of content and I actually enjoyed it. My only gripe with it is the intense loading screens and lack of a story mode.
No and I didn't buy them either. I think most people can't help but be a little bit pissed though when they notice EA selling expansion packs for £5 more than they used to be for TS2 with less features in them. I can't help but be a little bit annoyed that they give you limited clothing and hairstyles and then demand extra money for more items. It's kind of obvious at this point that they don't really give a shit about what the players actually think. They just know that a lot of people out there will fork out the money for the new games.

Is this stuff pack for the players or is it for the sake of making more money? How many TS3 players wanted lots of Katy Perry themed sweetie furniture? Not many. It doesn't really add a range of interesting things to the game. You'd get sick of using if after using it maybe once and the novelty would wear off faster than you can say "product placement". We kind of forgave them for TS2: Ikea stuff because we thought "hey we like Ikea furniture, this works in game." My patience is starting to wear thin with this.

Furthermore, TS3 was and still is sloppy. When the game was first released, a remember a number of threads popping up in this forum complaining about glitches with the speed of the game, lag etc. Not all of them were down to poor computers either. They fixed a few issues in patches but the speed glitch was an obvious mistake that should have been picked up way before release. The game was also missing a variety of things they had promised to gamers such as the tattoos and the breast sliders which they only added to the game in an update a year or so after release date.

My laptop fits all of the specifications of this game and isn't even on the borderline and yet it still struggles to run it because it's notorious for overheating computers and graphics cards in general. They didn't make it so the game limits the amount of use of the graphics card. Instead it just overuses it (unnecessarily as well) until the laptop overheats and crashes or shuts down to protect itself. They could have fixed that before release but they never did.

I only really play TS3 for the traits system, the open neighborhood and the create a style feature. If it weren't for those features, I'd just stick to TS2.

Sep 15, 12 at 7:07pm
thetwilight

'tis true, EA did not put a gun to my head.

Imagine you bought a film for, let's say, 20 simoleons (just to be neutral). Your film is fine, you are happy with it, but then the company who made the film sell deleted scenes from that film to enhance the version you currently have. Maybe a few months later they put more up for sale, another few months go buy, and they have even more up for sale. Now, after they've done this more than a handful of times you begin to ask yourself, "Why wasn't at least some of this on my original copy?".

Sep 15, 12 at 6:30pm
Grimdark

Uh guys, no one is forcing you to buy the expansion packs.

The Sims 3 was great in terms of content and I actually enjoyed it. My only gripe with it is the intense loading screens and lack of a story mode.

Sep 15, 12 at 4:19pm
Zomgeddon

I certainly understand the bitterness if you bought expansion packs when they were released... part of the reason I'm still so happy with Sims 3 after all this time is because I've only purchased expansion packs after they've gone on sale; I watch Steam and Amazon.com in particular for deals.

I'm likely going to continue to do this for any future releases of Sims (not to mention many other games these days), which keeps my wallet happy.

Sep 15, 12 at 3:06pm
thetwilight

They certainly do milk the proverbial cash cow until it falls over emaciated and dies. In my opinion, the expansion packs are absolutely ridiculous. There are 7 out now, with at least one more to come. When you look at all the different features that are included with the expansion packs, it really does devalue TS3 base game a lot. It's like a completely different game, or simply a demo. Very expensive demo, no? And just when you thought they couldn't get any lower...they release stuff packs.

Perhaps if they released the expansion packs to try something out, got a good response from it, then included it in the standard version of the next game they released, it would be more reasonable.

Sep 15, 12 at 2:43pm
Tay Rex

I don't know why they were so surprised. We all know that EA is going to milk this cow until it's dead. I'm predicting at least up to a Sims7 with at least 150 expansion packs released over the years. Come back here in 15 years and we'll see if I'm right. xP

I think I'm stopping at TS3. They keep taking more money for less in return and I'm not liking the direction the series is taking. Unless they somehow come out with some game that's magical, runs on laptops without killing them, is at a decent price and is entertaining. Then I'll continue to keep giving them my money because I'm a sheep like that.

Am I even allowed to be so bitter about this game as a moderator of the forum? xD

Sep 15, 12 at 2:31pm
TheBeardedMan

"Almost immediately after The Sims 3 was released"?? that's like waking up on Christmas and wondering what you're getting next year

Sep 15, 12 at 2:24pm
Tay Rex

Google because I'm lazy too.

To be honest, my faith in TS3 is limited enough. I doubt I'm going to give EA any more of my money for TS4. They're lazy with their game making. TS3 is sloppy work.

They're excited because TS4 domain name has been bought. The joke's on them. I bought all TS4 related domain names and I'm going to sell them EA for the exact cost of TS1, TS2 and TS3 plus expansion packs plus enough money to buy myself a laptop that wasn't raped by their game. Poor thing is overheated to death.