Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » nargacuga urgent quest HELP!!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Sep 14, 12 at 10:16pmeagle2535

i'm HR5 and 8* Nekoht and i'm getting pwned by the nargacuga urgent quest
any reccomended weps/armor/tips 4 fighting him?
BTW i use SnS mainly, then hammers second.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 01, 12 at 6:24am
Zartan13

If you can beat elder dragons the lunastra sword after you upgrade it is great for nargas due to its massive attack and fire attribute, but its not that sharp so I would go with either death stench s armor for the fencing or ceanataur s armor since it has high defense and sharpness plus 1

Sep 24, 12 at 11:49am
Hanners

quote gn_x00
dodge more + don't get hit = say no to dying
that's the basic rule
as for Blos family, Pellet S from HBG/LBG totally destroy all of them. Just shot to the head until the horn(s) break, then shot the tail (weak point for all variants)
Pellet S lv 3 (obviously) works the best and usually it will die with just Pellet S lv 3 (+ all the material to make more)
This. HBG's will annihilate blos. Just make sure you have a set that lets you dodge them well enough. Otherwise you'll still get trashed pretty bad if you're bad at dodging.

Sep 22, 12 at 9:35pm
gn_x00

quote eagle2535
how to get high grade platinum horns without dying lots?
dodge more + don't get hit = say no to dying
that's the basic rule
as for Blos family, Pellet S from HBG/LBG totally destroy all of them. Just shot to the head until the horn(s) break, then shot the tail (weak point for all variants)
Pellet S lv 3 (obviously) works the best and usually it will die with just Pellet S lv 3 (+ all the material to make more)

Sep 22, 12 at 8:45pm
eagle2535

quote Hanners
Hmmm... Quick eating and autotracker is pretty good for Narga using SnS. Depending on the SnS you might want something different. But generally it's a good idea to have something that will help you survive. While fighting Narga you should probably have full or almost-full health from your cat chefs. So HP isn't a big concern.

I generally liked using Skull Face helmet with full Monodevil U armor, I believe it gave Sharpness +1, Adrenaline +1, and Reckless Abandon +3 if you had a 2-slot weapon and one protection jewel to negate the demonic protection.

It was literally my favorite set until I got to Akantor armor. Looks pretty damn cool too. If you have trouble fighting him I'd stick with survival skills like quick eating and autotracker for now though.
how to get high grade platinum horns without dying lots?

Sep 19, 12 at 4:03pm
gn_x00

you can get by in many quests with just random armor that gives no skill as long as it's not one hit kill

well, just my personal opinion. HGE can be useful, but I think there's usually a lot of better HGE armor out there (with more damaging skills. I prefer for more damage boost like S+1, SS, HGE). but as I said before, Tigrex armor looks cool, it is enough to give high value for some people
and Tigrex normal armor looks coolest (for me)

Sep 19, 12 at 1:30pm
Hanners

quote gn_x00
IMO, Tigrex armors are bad (with the normal armor is the best between all variant and the G-Rank one as the worst)
Really? I rather like my g-rank tigrex X armor.
I have it gemmed up for HGE, Tranq Guru, Quick Eating, and Sharpening Skill Inc as long as I have a 1-slot weapon. Gets me by in any fight I'm not really concerned with. I mostly just wear it because I like HGE and it looks cool.

Sep 19, 12 at 3:41am
gn_x00

IMO, Tigrex armors are bad (with the normal armor is the best between all variant and the G-Rank one as the worst)
Tigrex armors are a newbie-friendly armor. It gives Earplug, Auto-tracker, quick eating
- Quick eating is good for new people when they still don't know the opening to take potions and others (which you won't really need when reaching higher rank). and is this only around 1 sec faster?
- Auto-tracker, like quick eating, is good for newbie when they still don't know the normal area where wyvern spawns (they always spawn in the same zone and move almost always the same. remembering them and paintball do the same.). summary, auto-tracker is waste of skill points since there's still a lot more useful armor skill there
- Earplug is quite good, BUT a good earplug armor must be able to reach HGE without triggering demonic protection at the same time
the only thing that boost Tigrex armors value by a lot is that it looks cool...

Summary (IMO), The normal Tigrex armor is good since it is for newbie, but loose its usefulness in the end game (The G version almost give the same skill).

my comment on using Tigrex armor with SnS:
1. quick eating : might be good for SnS, but not really that necessary. there's a lot of better skills to use (S+1 become priority)
2. Auto-tracker : no additional comment
3. earplug : you can block (which can be treated as HGE). no need for earplug

Sep 19, 12 at 1:09am
Hanners

Hmmm... Quick eating and autotracker is pretty good for Narga using SnS. Depending on the SnS you might want something different. But generally it's a good idea to have something that will help you survive. While fighting Narga you should probably have full or almost-full health from your cat chefs. So HP isn't a big concern.

I generally liked using Skull Face helmet with full Monodevil U armor, I believe it gave Sharpness +1, Adrenaline +1, and Reckless Abandon +3 if you had a 2-slot weapon and one protection jewel to negate the demonic protection.

It was literally my favorite set until I got to Akantor armor. Looks pretty damn cool too. If you have trouble fighting him I'd stick with survival skills like quick eating and autotracker for now though.

Sep 18, 12 at 11:40pm
eagle2535

Thanks, I think that i might have won via fluke so can you tell me if my current armor setup is good?
Full Tigrex (upgraded to 64 defense a piece) gemmed for quick eating and autotracker
Reffering to the comments about rage mode Narga, I agree with Hanners, rage mode looks cool and speeds Narga up in the ranged attacks but if you stay close then you won't have a problem. Also, Narga will rage at some point anyway, so who cares if it rages for 5min longer?

Sep 16, 12 at 10:14pm
Hanners

Nice job! The more you fight him the easier he will get, I guarantee it. I take almost no hits when I fight the G-rank equivalent now. It's all about getting used to its movements and habits.

I can offer more tips about predicting its movements if you ever need any more.