Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » NBA 2K13 » Thoughts on My Player » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 14, 12 at 6:47pmSmell The Chiken

According to the videos released by the developers, My Player mode will be much more fleshed out. You will be able to give your player signature moves, give yourself pre-game rituals, talk to the GM about other players or whether to keep your coach, receive and send tweets, and much more. I think they said that you will use virtual currency to buy things like clothes for blacktop mode and signature moves, but skill points will still be used for your ratings. At the start of your career, you can be drafted number one overall and have a rating in the high 70s out of the gate.

Now, what are some of your thoughts on all of this? Personally, I love every bit of it. I like starting out at a high rating because then it feels like I'm not playing catch up early in my career. Since this virtual currency can be earned online, I am thinking about playing so many more online games in order to get the moves and rituals I want as soon as I become a starter. The tweet system sounds cool and speaking to the GM sounds neat; in theory, you can be the "bad guy" and hire and fire people to your choosing. I can't wait for October 2nd so I can play this game.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 13, 12 at 5:22pm
ambing1

Also, it has been confirmed that you can be drafted number one overall.
I think this is possible can be very difficult to achieve. I managed to get the three spot after 8 tries.

Oct 13, 12 at 5:21pm
ambing1

quote Smell The Chiken
I think this is possible can be very difficult to achieve. I managed to get the three spot after 8 tries.

Oct 10, 12 at 3:40pm
qdt24

How do u get nba players for my player ps3

Oct 10, 12 at 8:41am
Smell The Chiken

quote Ghetto Prince
Whats my player mode like then? Can you put the difficulty down in it this year or not??
Yes. You could lower the difficulty last year. And, with the easy ways to get VC, you can make your rookie an all-star in a few games.

Oct 10, 12 at 3:23am
Ghetto Prince

Whats my player mode like then? Can you put the difficulty down in it this year or not??

Sep 20, 12 at 7:39pm
Smell The Chiken

Oh man I hope they fix the passing system. When I have 7 turnovers in a game at PG because I use the icon passes and my man standing at the corner wide open cuts to the crowded paint in between the time it takes to press the button and for my player to pass it, I don't think that is my fault.

Sep 20, 12 at 4:57pm
Demonfurby

Love most of it, but tbh I liked where they made you start out in 12. I hope they allow you choose your talent level, something like max, where'd you be drafted number one in most cases and have a high rating, mid, where if you play well in the showcase you can be a lottery pick with something like high 60s to low 70s, and min, where'd you obviously be low 60s and have to overachieve to be a first rounder.

Hope they fix the passing system, that's been my only real gripe with the games since I've started playing them with 2k11. Bit better lat year, but hopefully they can put it to rest now.

Sep 16, 12 at 7:25pm
Chad

Also loving every bit of it, haha. A lot more creative control in the mode and I'm really looking forward to it. May do what I can to explore the other modes first to earn Virtual Currency, then jump into MyPlayer where I'll have a bit of an advantage if I need to buy signature skills, or just want to pimp out my player and make him look cool, haha.

Sep 14, 12 at 6:47pm
Smell The Chiken

According to the videos released by the developers, My Player mode will be much more fleshed out. You will be able to give your player signature moves, give yourself pre-game rituals, talk to the GM about other players or whether to keep your coach, receive and send tweets, and much more. I think they said that you will use virtual currency to buy things like clothes for blacktop mode and signature moves, but skill points will still be used for your ratings. At the start of your career, you can be drafted number one overall and have a rating in the high 70s out of the gate.

Now, what are some of your thoughts on all of this? Personally, I love every bit of it. I like starting out at a high rating because then it feels like I'm not playing catch up early in my career. Since this virtual currency can be earned online, I am thinking about playing so many more online games in order to get the moves and rituals I want as soon as I become a starter. The tweet system sounds cool and speaking to the GM sounds neat; in theory, you can be the "bad guy" and hire and fire people to your choosing. I can't wait for October 2nd so I can play this game.