Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Reinstalled Windows and no longer have Stereo Mix » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 14, 12 at 12:36pm
Riggster

thanks, I googled what my device is called on control panel got to realtek website and downloaded a codec updates from there, restarted pc and have Stereo mix again.

Sep 14, 12 at 12:02pm
The Slayer

Do a windows update and see if any audio drivers show up there. If not, go to the manufactures website for your motherboard (if onboard audio) or soundcard (if dedicated) and search for your model and install updated audio drivers.

Sep 14, 12 at 12:00pm
Riggster

I had to reformat my computer because it was in bad shape, Windows I have now is Vista home premium 32 bit.

I used to use Stereo Mix for recording my computer sounds. I had a use for this again but was unable to find Stereo Mix in my computers recording devices, I tried to right click and show disabled devices but it is still not there, Also I tried to go in to control panel and update the audio driver, but it said they are upgraded already? Not sure if theres another way to update them by downloading a driver or something.

question is, how can I get stereo mix back? I know my computer supports it because I have used it so much before.

Thanks in advance.