Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Battlefield 3 » Armored kill - Conquest, rubbish? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 14, 12 at 7:39amAirwalked

So a good 80% of my friends list seems to be playing conquest on these new maps. Now i'm gonna be a bit og a negative nancy here and make the controversial claim that on consoles + conquest. These new maps are far too big and spread out. Theres no fun to be had, you can have a half hour game full the entire time, and come top of your team with 9 kills 5 deaths..

I just wanna know am I alone in thinking this? Or are all my friends just fools?

If your a pc gamer - ignore. I Know conquest is gonna be chuffin amazing on it.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 12, 12 at 5:47am
shavedzebra

Well after the patch that came out recently, Rush should be a lot more playable and feel less like Hide & Seek with the 130. Fingers crossed!

Anyone managed to play it since the new patch?

Sep 28, 12 at 5:42am
unclebobert87

From what i played yesterday, it seemed like the defending team had the advantage. Or the teams were just shit...

Sep 27, 12 at 3:58am
Airwalked

I Think they may have fixed the ridiculous balancing issues. Not totally sure though haven't played much since borderlands 2 came out.

Hopefully though, cause damn was it broken lmao.

Sep 26, 12 at 6:24am
KR_1250

quote unclebobert87
Downloaded this last night, played for 5 minutes, then switched it off. Didn't play conquest, but was on the defending team on Rush. It was really unfair. When i joined we had no vehicles, and by the time they had taken the 3rd lot of Mcoms, we had a helicopter and a tank, which lasted about 5 seconds. I also got spawn raped by that plane in the sky
Yeah man Rush f***ing sucks.

The first time i ever played it in AK i waited for the last round to finish, spawned in at the very start and Checkpoint A was already under attack. How can i defend something if i am not there, yet attacking it are.

It isnt even logical. It is really unfair.

Sep 26, 12 at 6:01am
unclebobert87

Downloaded this last night, played for 5 minutes, then switched it off. Didn't play conquest, but was on the defending team on Rush. It was really unfair. When i joined we had no vehicles, and by the time they had taken the 3rd lot of Mcoms, we had a helicopter and a tank, which lasted about 5 seconds. I also got spawn raped by that plane in the sky

Sep 25, 12 at 2:52am
GenerationKrull2

quote Airwalked
can consoles handle that many jets duking it out at once though?
I would have thought that if BF1943 could handle an Air Superiority mode then you would think BF3 would be able to as well.

Sep 20, 12 at 1:04am
KR_1250

quote Airwalked
I'd love to see a jet superiority mode, can consoles handle that many jets duking it out at once though? Stupid consoles with their outdated technology >
I know tell me about it.

Surely the next gen consoles need to do something to bridge the Console - PC gap. 12v12 is just not acceptable anymore.

I want to see proper wars on the next consoles.

Sep 19, 12 at 7:58am
Airwalked

I'm with you on alborz mountain being the best one!

I'd love to see a jet superiority mode, can consoles handle that many jets duking it out at once though? Stupid consoles with their outdated technology >

Sep 18, 12 at 1:22am
KR_1250

Airwalked.

Yeah i would definately play Rush if it was fairer. If you are defending they can plant before you even spawn in. And if your attacking its overly easy.

And thankfully i found a decent CQ map. Alborz mountain is bloody brilliant. Its by far the best flyig map yet. Screaming in and out of valleys and over peaks during dogfights is awesome, and even on the ground the action tends to focuss around checkpoint C and can be a pretty crazy gunfight. This map has saved CQ for me. I'll gladly play it. Bandar Desert is OK as long as you stay in a jet but the ground combat can be sparse and very "lock on" based.

I noticed a problem with Arborz Mountain though. If you play as the RU team and enter the AC-130 then the US team can park their Anti Air IFV inside their homebase and shoot you down in seconds. The AC-130 main cannon cannot rotate far enough to hit back. Its just a totally easy shoot down for the Yank team. Really pissed me off yesterday. One guy just would not stop doing it.

Question to everyone:

Armored Kill just introduced the tank superiority mode. In Battlefield 1943 there was a Fighter superiority mode. Do y'all think we could see a jet fighter superiority mode in future DLC ? Oh god i hope so.

Sep 17, 12 at 12:07pm
Airwalked

^ Well at least one person (semi) agrees with me. lolol you guys are all worse than my friends! I've been playing ab it more conquest (at their insistence) and it's not totally crap, there can be some pretty good battles if everybodys going for the same 2-3 flags.

But still, I find myself spending a good 1/4 -1/2 the game just driving round looking for trouble/capping flags. Lil bit boring if i'm honest - what mario1 says is true though looking at it as a survival experience does make it feel a bit better.
(just fyi, don't think i'm hating on CQ players, this is all imo and not fact. )

How about if they balanced rush out? made it so the attackers don't have 500 vehicles and a gunship and like 10 jets? would yall consider playing it a lil bit more then? or is it still not your cup of tea?