Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » Good armor » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Sep 11, 12 at 5:28amcadencerayn

Tidus has got a Tetra Shield. This is the customization:-
Auto Regen
Auto Phoenix
{{empty slot}}
{{empty slot}}

What should I add in the two empty slots?

P.S - Ribbon is too tough! 99 Dark Matters which are rare drops and I have only 5!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 29, 13 at 10:02am
Danboy_1990

you've probably figured all this out by now, but just in case someone runs across this thread i'll post anyway.

I see alot of common misconceptions about the best armors. for starters let me just say that YOU WILL NEVER NEED BREAK HP/MP LIMIT. they are useless. you can beat the strongest monster in the game (Penance) with 9999 Hp. there are plenty of other reasons you shouldn't put this on your armor. Auron is the only character who benefits from break hp limit. He gets stronger the further his current hp is from his max hp (so if your max is 99999 and you're in critical, you'll do waay more damage). BUT every other character is the opposite. they do more damage the closer they are to max hp. so the lower your max the better. and because arena monsters and Dark aeons do crazy damage, they can still KO you in one/ two hits no matter how much HP you have. so dont waste the slot. use auto phoenix instead.

Rikku/three stars make MP not an issue.

And if you're playing the NA version then you're just wasting your time. maxing your stats in that version is just overkill.

IMO the best armor (for fighting mosters besides penance) is

**AUTO HASTE - ive heard ppl say "why use this when there's hastega?" WELL.. hastega wastes a turn, can be dispelled, and goes away when you die. auto haste negates ALL of this and makes your character immune to slow (which the more powerful mosters tend to cause with their basic attacks). the effect can never be removed.
**AUTO PROTECT - physical attacks rule this game. very few monsters use powerful magic. so this one is self explanatory
**AUTO PHOENIX - as i said above, you will get killed often later in the game. dont waste a turn using life. also, you wont always be able to auto life your party.
**RIBBON - as you said, these are a bitch to get lol the only effective ways are farming dark yojimbo and farming penance arms (wich is pointless because by the time you reach him, you wont need ribbon). what most people opt for is saving the game then fighting dark valefor until he drops a 4 slot armor with ribbon already on it. also, the game gives you 99 dark matters at some point, so thats two ribbon armors right there. if you want one more i think you can get it from dark ifrit. now, if you dont want to go through all of this, then i would suggest stoneproof, because its the only status problem that can REMOVE a character from battle. and a lot of monsters cause stone shatter. be careful though, because some mosters ignore stoneproof..

now once you reach penance you will want..

**AUTO HASTE - see above
**AUTO PROTECT - see above
**DEFENSE +20% - you might be thinking this is a waste, but against penance (who only uses physical attacks) it is invaluable. with 9999 HP, this coupled with auto protect (and a Defense stat of 255 of course.. as i hope you aren't challenging him with anything lower than max stats), Penance cannot kill any of your characters in one hit. which is important because getting Ko'd throws off your turns and against penance, that WILL cost you the fight. after his attack of course you'll be down to Critical, but that wont be a problem with..
**AUTO POTION - necessary for staying alive since penance cant kill you from max hp. remove all but x potions from your inventory your characters will use these whenever they're hit. you'll only need about 60-70 x potions to last you the whole fight.

Hopefully this info comes in handy to anyone who comes across this thread with questions about armor or penance! And unless you're playing the PAL version you can pretty much ignore this since the only way to get a challenge in the NA version is doing an NSG run

Oct 23, 12 at 2:49am
Nefer-T

Farming dark yojimbo is a nice idea too x) i have had some lucky fight sequences, but he tends to drop LOTS of ribbon+curseproof and that drives me nutters!
I usually replace auto-phoenix with auto-protect, even in ribbon armors. And BHPL for me is a must. But for penance I think I will go for a different strategy... Maybe

Auto-protect/defense+20% (with rikku's hjyper mighty G i can get protect on everyone)
Auto-potion maybe, since I won't use BhPL, or auto-phoenix and simply use megalixir
Ribbon
Auto-haste

I had something similar for dark bahamut, except only tidus had ribbon and wakka and rikku had stoneproof.

Am still thinking. After I get another armor with ribbon and 3 slots for my main crew I might make another save to test the armors against penance, see what goes smoothly.

Oct 18, 12 at 6:01am
JeanMclarry

My Tidus armor is Break Hp Limit, Ribbon, Auto Haste and Auto Phoenix... if you don't have dark matter for ribbon you can put Auto-med I guess... or if you really want Ribbon you can battle vidatu or sleep sprout for dark matter... they usually drop dark matter 1 out of 8 battles

Sep 19, 12 at 7:33am
NuKe77

quote kirkiisi
Trust me, the feeling when you have destroyed penance for the first time WITHOUT zanmato is almost better than sex

hahahahahahahahahaha!!! funny!
yeah penance is a hard fight thogh.
thanks thogh kirkiisi.

Sep 19, 12 at 5:28am
kirkiisi

quote nuke77
it would work if you only have holy waters instead of remedys.

trust me. it worked for me.
Honestly i wasn't thinking about that, i usually have about 50 remedys in that fight and i don't want to waste them for nothing

quote nuke77
oh yeah! penance! hard fight without zanmato. as for my armor ability items? i aint found shit!!!!
Woah! There's no point killing penance with zanmato. You need to take it as a challence Trust me, the feeling when you have destroyed penance for the first time WITHOUT zanmato is almost better than sex

Sep 17, 12 at 7:42am
NuKe77

quote kirkiisi
I assume youre meaning auto-phoenix? Auto-med doesn't help you at all if you die, infact when he "zombifies" you, auto-med only deals damage on you.
it would work if you only have holy waters instead of remedys.

trust me. it worked for me.

Sep 17, 12 at 7:40am
NuKe77

quote kirkiisi
Except ribbon is a must againts penance..
oh yeah! penance! hard fight without zanmato. as for my armor ability items? i aint found shit!!!!

Sep 13, 12 at 11:54pm
kirkiisi

quote nuke77
auto med would be useful aganinst seymor flux boss where he zombiefieds you and then uses full life.

so dont ruin my f****** pride.
I assume youre meaning auto-phoenix? Auto-med doesn't help you at all if you die, infact when he "zombifies" you, auto-med only deals damage on you.

quote Jeremy
Auto Phoenix
Auto Potion
Auto Haste
Ribbon

Is generally the best armor in the game. Break HP/MP is a huge waste, and to max out your HP, you have to waste two slots on your armor.
Break mp-limit is a waste, but i don't totally agree with break hp-limit. After all it's up to you wich way you choose to customize youre armor. And you play the game way that fits you best.

I have one save with 3-4 ribbon armor for each character (i love farming DY).
I have customized them with many various possibilities. No matter what armors i choose i get killed very rarely, usually it's cause i didn't pay enough attention to turns..

But i think my favourite armor is:

BHPL
Ribbon
Auto-Phoenix/HP +30%
Auto-Regen

After all, when you have maxed out every character it really doesn't matter wich armor you have. Except ribbon is a must againts penance..

Sep 13, 12 at 2:52am
Jeremy

Auto Phoenix
Auto Potion
Auto Haste
Ribbon

Is generally the best armor in the game. Break HP/MP is a huge waste, and to max out your HP, you have to waste two slots on your armor.

Sep 12, 12 at 7:37am
NuKe77

quote cadencerayn
And I don't want to remove my Auto Regen.

oh yeah yous cant remove abilitys.