Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Making a PC: Shots in the dark » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 10, 12 at 10:14pmMortal Wombat

So I have no idea wtf Im doing. I just picked these parts for a reasonable price with high numbers beside them.

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($117.98 @ Outlet PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master GeminII S 69.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($48.47 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($107.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data Premier Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($38.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.D 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.95 @ Mwave)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6670 1GB Video Card ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Apex PCV-588 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($67.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 750W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Lite-On DS-8A5S DVD/CD Writer ($34.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $666.19
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-11 01:13 EDT-0400)

Oh yeah the price is 666 so I can scare some religious people.
Is this PC gonna be able to run most games?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 12, 12 at 3:22pm
Mortal Wombat

Like I said, completely shooting in the dark. Thank you for pointing that out, I just went to PCPartsPicker.con and filled out the list. It will be a gaming/recording computer. I'm in Canada.

Sep 12, 12 at 2:42am
hiigaran

you listed a CPU cooler...are you overclocking? if not, you can save money and stick to the stock cooler.

do you have a copy of windows? if not, it will set you back a hundred bucks.

MW: after you answer the other questions that slayer has asked, we can continue. i will assume you are in america, if you have listed newegg on your first post.

also, how much hard drive space are you looking to have? and will the computer have any other purpose aside from gaming? photoshop, perhaps? video editing?

quote Avalith
If you want a lasting bite mark, piss hiigaran off.
my philosophy is that it is better to be pissed off, than pissed on.

Sep 11, 12 at 6:58pm
Mortal Wombat

I have a monitor keyboard and mouse. I'll have to check the resolution. My budget is hopefully downwards of 700$

Sep 11, 12 at 6:25pm
The Slayer

What is your budget and/or the absolute max you're willing to spend? Are you wanting a whole new computer, including monitor, keyboard and mouse, or are you upgrading? Do you have a previous build you can upgrade from, or other parts you can re-use, like a case or drives?

What country are you in?

What resolution is your monitor?

Sep 11, 12 at 6:15pm
Mortal Wombat

Still shooting.

Sep 11, 12 at 7:15am
Kingy

Moving from Loungin' to better assist the OP in his shots in the dark.

Sep 11, 12 at 3:37am
ditto

This PC couldn't even run minecraft at >10 fps even if you had all other programs closed and you were playing on low graphics.

Trust me, I've got a Phd in Hardware Physics.

Sep 10, 12 at 11:54pm
Avalith

If you want a lasting bite mark, piss hiigaran off.

Sep 10, 12 at 11:51pm
harbin

Certainly thinks we need the big red text back.

Sep 10, 12 at 10:49pm
The Slayer

quote Enhance
The guys over in the Computer Hardware forum will be able to give you the best information on this subject. They're pretty friendly over there. Just watch out for that The Slayer guy though. He may bite.
I bite just hard enough for it to sting, but never hard enough to leave a lasting mark or break the skin.