Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PlayStation Vita » My Vita is on its way! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 10, 12 at 3:55pmMirage

I ordered a PS Vita (wifi) a couple of days ago and 32gb memory card tonight, both should be arriving within a couple of days and I was just wondering if there's anything I should know or any tips anyone could give me before it arrives? Such as hows the battery life? What video files can it play? And if I were to download the MGS HD games on the PS Store for the PS3, would they also be available on the PS Vita because of the cross-trophy thing or would I have to purchase both?

I haven't got any games yet but I have got a few PS1 games on my PS3 thanks to PS+ which I'm planning on swapping over and playing until I can afford a game like Gravity Crush. Now back to selling items on eBay to try and scrape the cash back together :<

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 14, 12 at 2:08pm
Agent Mo

Ah i hate it when that happens. Was the same thing with Dead Space. Silly developers choosing bad demos.

Oct 12, 12 at 6:51pm
Rabla

quote Agent Mo
quote Rabla
Wait wait wait, are you saying you didn't buy Gravity Rush?
I didn't get it either. I played the demo and.....yeah it's pretty innovative but it wasn't really that fun. Maybe a future purchase if i'm looking for a Vita game but i don't see that happening any time soon.
Yeah see, the thing is the demo was actually a really bad example of the game. I literally know a TON of people who didnt like the demo yet recommend the full game as one of the top Vita titles. It's really common to not like the demo.

The full game is MASSIVE open-world, like, near GTA levels, has a load of story, customisation, challenges, exploration, seriously heaps to do.

It's still my number one recommendation for Vita and I don't see it changing until maybe Soul Sacrifice.

Oct 12, 12 at 12:03pm
Agent Mo

quote Rabla
I didn't get it either. I played the demo and.....yeah it's pretty innovative but it wasn't really that fun. Maybe a future purchase if i'm looking for a Vita game but i don't see that happening any time soon.

Oct 12, 12 at 5:16am
Rabla

quote Ville_Valo
Try some demos first before you buy, see what's good. I was gunna buy Gravity Rush, but the idea of steering around a half-naked preteen on the train made me feel like a perve :\

Oct 11, 12 at 8:54pm
Ville_Valo

quote Seeker X
quote smarti3
4 hours ?! That's not very good. The PSP used to last for ages
What kind of PSP did YOU have? The only way a PSP's battery would last more is if you weren't constantly using it. Same thing with the Vita.
Exactly. My experience is that they're pretty similar, and that's with a PSP that started deteriorating in battery, because it's from 2004.
4 hours, on the train/bus with extra brightness to combat the sunshine and the volume on 75%, solid gaming on something like Wipeout or GTA...not so bad. And I did say more than 4 hours.
They say 7, but they always say 7, and you won't get 7 hours of gaming. 4 hours solid is pretty good.

Oct 11, 12 at 9:19am
smarti3

quote Seeker X
quote smarti3
What kind of PSP did YOU have? The only way a PSP's battery would last more is if you weren't constantly using it. Same thing with the Vita.
The Original PSP. It seemed to anyway :/

Oct 10, 12 at 4:54pm
Seeker X

quote smarti3

Oct 10, 12 at 7:20am
Extrem3

PSVITA is way more better than PSP lol

Sep 26, 12 at 5:39am
smarti3

quote Ville_Valo
I find battery life to be pretty good. You should get more than 4 hours really, playing games

I 'spose the Vita does have 2 touchscreens though :/

Sep 10, 12 at 8:38pm
Ville_Valo

I find battery life to be pretty good. You should get more than 4 hours really, playing games.

Try some demos first before you buy, see what's good. I was gunna buy Gravity Rush, but the idea of steering around a half-naked preteen on the train made me feel like a perve :\