Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » New Items » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Sep 09, 12 at 1:06amSwampasaur

I can't believe this hasn't been brought up recently.

So which new items do you think will be in SSB4?

I would love to see the return of the red shell and the parasol.

How about this for a new item?

Psyengery Stone (Golden Sun):
While holding this stone characters gain the ability to float in place using phychic powers. The character would not be able to move left or right, but they could attack mulitple times in the same spot.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 16, 12 at 4:45am
Gotenks

That seems like something that could be tricky to program especially in a game where you're constantly moving around for the most part. But I don't know for sure since I'm not a game programmer.

Oct 16, 12 at 4:05am
BlueLore

maybe it could simply be made,so that items never spawn directly in front of your character,but at least a little bit away from the characters

Oct 15, 12 at 5:40pm
Gotenks

quote BlueLore
(and it happened already quite often to me,that a bomb spawns directly in my attack)
Well isn't that kind of the point of collecting such a powerful item? It shouldn't be so easy to collect something that could potentially KO your opponent in just one shot, even with low damage.

Kind of the same with Bombs except it's the risk of getting near one and throwing it before it explodes. Though it spawning right in front of you and going boom was always annoying. Same with the exploding boxes/crates.

Oct 15, 12 at 10:15am
BlueLore

quote Swampasaur
What items would you guys remove? I can't think of many stupid ones. In fact, I want items to return.

I miss the red shell and the parasol.
Items I wouldn't miss are:
spring(I don't like that item at all,especially if it lies sideways)
team healer(only useful in team fights and even there it isn't that useful)
Dragoon(don't really like it,that the smash ball won't appear when the dragoon is on the field and it can be really hard to gather all dragoon parts)

I would also like it if the smart bomb and gooey bomb wouldn't explode,when hit,because 3 bombs are too much(and it happened already quite often to me,that a bomb spawns directly in my attack)

they could also replace the cracker launcher with a cannon from kid icarus uprising.

quote GaTheZakk
What if they didn't acually help your character, but went rogue instead attacking everyone?
that could be even worse.
I mean imagine picking up a boss-trophy only to release a boss who defeats you yourself

Oct 14, 12 at 7:01pm
Gotenks

No, we don't need some kind of Boss Trophy thing being added as an item. We have enough between the Assist Trophies and PokeBalls.

Oct 14, 12 at 5:02pm
AgatioGanon

What if they didn't acually help your character, but went rogue instead attacking everyone?

Oct 14, 12 at 4:13pm
Swampasaur

quote BlueLore
That sounds extremely overpowered,I mean bosses are meant to be a challenge,if they assist your character,it would give you a gigantic advantage.
This.

It's one thing having Tingle or a nintendog helping you out.

It's another if Galleom is decimating the battlefield (most of which he would not fit on).

What items would you guys remove? I can't think of many stupid ones. In fact, I want items to return.

I miss the red shell and the parasol.

Oct 14, 12 at 2:54am
BlueLore

That sounds extremely overpowered,I mean bosses are meant to be a challenge,if they assist your character,it would give you a gigantic advantage.

Oct 13, 12 at 9:45pm
AgatioGanon

What about another summoning item like the pokeballs and assist trophies?

I personally think it would be cool if bosses appeared in vs mode, so why not have boss trophies help out in battle?

What would happen is the boss character would appear, then attack the same way it does in it's boss fight and it doesn't go away untill it's defeated.

Each boss would be unlocked for this item after beating them in Subspace Emissary 2.

Agreed, some of the items are stupid, therefore should be removed.

Oh well, at least there's a item switch so unwanted items can be switched off.

Oct 08, 12 at 4:17pm
kingy

They need to get rid of about half of all the items they included in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Some of them, I felt, were just a tad redundant. Like having two different hammers, many types of bombs, etc. It was simply too much.