Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] » Is it worth me getting? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Keyblade Sora

hideOriginal Post

Sep 06, 12 at 8:07amGhetto Prince

Hiya, i think i played the kingdom hearts on ps2 but cant remember, anyway i love RPG games and am looking to get another rpg. Is this game worth getting? whats the gameplay like?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 24, 12 at 7:11pm
dmw20

If you have a 3DS then I highly recommend it. Unless you hate RPG's then don't even bother looking at it. but it's a awesome mix between Disney and Square enix characters with surprising plot twist in every game.

Sep 17, 12 at 11:54pm
Aya87

The game is worth getting if you've followed the previous stories and if you are planning to play later games. If you haven't followed the story you should look it up. In the game menu under "Mementos" and then following with "Chronicles", you can read about the stories that happened in each game.

Read in this order: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, 358/2 Days, Birth By Sleep, Re:coded. You can look these up on YouTube if you want. The gameplay is quite confusing to explain. In the game it's explained in the beginning. That can also be looked up on YouTube... lol.

Sep 11, 12 at 1:07am
E4 Morty

Oh.

A Keyblade is a legendary weapon, they would expect you to think that there only one.
They were probably expecting you to be surprised you came across another if you know what I mean?

Legends and stuff.

Sep 11, 12 at 12:42am
SoraCloud

E4 Morty that wasn't the point Lukas was going for. He obviously knows the answers and explanations for everything but what he was going for was that KH2 created all these plotholes that needed to be explained because they contradicted a lot of things that were previously set in KH1 and created new things without giving them any explantions at all. We just had to accept them for being there. Until they made something to explain why everything was how it was.

Sep 10, 12 at 11:44pm
E4 Morty

quote Lukas
quote E4 Morty
quote Lukas
Absolutely but ONLY after playing KH1 and 2, even if KH2 is more like Plotholes: The Game, it's still fun to play at the very least and will give you some insight as to what'll go on in DDD.
Plotholes?
Like what's up with all the Keyblades? Didn't the first game establish that there's only one, and yet here are Riku and Kairi, each with their own Keyblades? Admittedly, that's a hole in the first one too because Mickey is shown with one and it's like "ummm what Square!?!?" (Riku in the first game was justified because it was something created out of darkness, plus it wasn't really a Keyblade but it looked like one...). Sure, BBS explains it, but that's the thing... BBS explains it when KH2 should've, or maybe even KH3 could've if it ever gets released sometime this century.

Plus there's the whole virtual Twilight Town and Roxas thing (all I could gather without thinking about 358/2 Days is that it's a tutorial... until you have to enter it to get to the final world). Oh and why exactly did Roxas leave the Organization? It's not like he just went "eh *bleep* you guys", there's more to it than that. Actually, p much everything in 358/2 Days filled in the plotholes regarding Roxas in Kingdom Hearts 2. If there weren't so many, 358/2 Days wouldn't need to exist.
Roxas departed from the Organization XIII because he wanted to know why the Keyblade chose him. (which was natural considering he was Sora's Nobody).

quote Kingdom Hearts 2
Roxas: Why did the Keyblade choose me? I have to know.
Axel: You can't turn on the Organization! They will destroy you!
Riku suspected that he also wanted to meet Sora which was true, in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Roxas began having dreams about Sora and that's why he sought him out for answers.

About Riku's dark Keyblade, I don't know the answer to that one except that that Keyblade that Riku possessed was Ansem's weapon and Riku was already merged with Ansem so that's probably why Riku could use it. Remember Riku can use the Keyblade naturally? Through Terra.

Ansem was Terra-Xenohart's heartless so he should be able use it as well.

Sep 10, 12 at 6:52pm
Lukas

quote E4 Morty
quote Lukas
Absolutely but ONLY after playing KH1 and 2, even if KH2 is more like Plotholes: The Game, it's still fun to play at the very least and will give you some insight as to what'll go on in DDD.
Plotholes?
Like what's up with all the Keyblades? Didn't the first game establish that there's only one, and yet here are Riku and Kairi, each with their own Keyblades? Admittedly, that's a hole in the first one too because Mickey is shown with one and it's like "ummm what Square!?!?" (Riku in the first game was justified because it was something created out of darkness, plus it wasn't really a Keyblade but it looked like one...). Sure, BBS explains it, but that's the thing... BBS explains it when KH2 should've, or maybe even KH3 could've if it ever gets released sometime this century.

Plus there's the whole virtual Twilight Town and Roxas thing (all I could gather without thinking about 358/2 Days is that it's a tutorial... until you have to enter it to get to the final world). Oh and why exactly did Roxas leave the Organization? It's not like he just went "eh *bleep* you guys", there's more to it than that. Actually, p much everything in 358/2 Days filled in the plotholes regarding Roxas in Kingdom Hearts 2. If there weren't so many, 358/2 Days wouldn't need to exist.

Sep 06, 12 at 10:24pm
E4 Morty

quote Lukas
Plotholes?

Sep 06, 12 at 6:57pm
Sigma

quote Ghetto Prince
Hiya, i think i played the kingdom hearts on ps2 but cant remember, anyway i love RPG games and am looking to get another rpg. Is this game worth getting? whats the gameplay like?
    Completely worth it, dude. But, I reallllly suggest you play the other two main games before going into this one. They really build up the story, and it's hard to understand if you just skip around.

Sep 06, 12 at 6:39pm
Lukas

Sep 06, 12 at 4:57pm
E4 Morty

Flowmotion will be difficult but you'll get used it.

soracloud08, I only played one title before I got this game and I understood it. -.-