Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Its impossible to escape ELO hell. T_T » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Sep 05, 12 at 10:48pmg0dofearth

When i first started playing ranked I played for a while and I was 6 and 1 in ranked solo que and got to 1358 ElO and out of nowhere I started getting these teams that like to throw games a lot. I ended up losing around 10 games in a row and got to under 900 ELO at one point in time. So now I got my ELO back to back up and I was at 1152 today now I'm at 1126 and I'm convinced it is impossible to escape ELO hell. Every game I play I get a team where it seems like its going well and then out of no where they get over confident or something and just throw so hard. What i need is like a ranked duo que partner or something. I can play every single roll but every time regardless if I'm first pick or not i get stuck with support because if I pick something someone called at this ELO they freak out and dodge or feed or something. I don't really mind support but 75% of the time I lane with a terrible adc.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 28, 13 at 12:03pm
Ropnap

quote BluAnimal
Challenger: The top 50 players of that server.
Diamond
Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

I used to have a chart that showed the population of LoL players based on ranked, I'll try and find that.

Edit: Ropnap
Link
Thank you, Blu! =D Finally makes sense.

Apr 28, 13 at 11:52am
BluAnimal

Challenger: The top 50 players of that server.
Diamond
Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

I used to have a chart that showed the population of LoL players based on ranked, I'll try and find that.

Edit: Ropnap
Link

Apr 28, 13 at 11:49am
Ropnap

Well, I never play ranked so I don't know what you guys are talking about.

What's the highest rank? o:

Apr 28, 13 at 11:06am
MegaBassMan

While I don't disagree with what you said, BluAnimal, the fact remains the elo hell does exist. It's not designed such that you're stuck there for eternity, but such that it's the hardest (or at least one of) area to climb out of.

Apr 28, 13 at 10:38am
BluAnimal

Then Megabassman. If you're a skilled player and you deserve higher than your current placement I believe you'll climb. It may be slow, it may be 2 steps forward and 1.9 steps back, but it'll happen. The new League system makes it incredibly easy to climb, even if you're an average player you'll climb just from sheer amount of games played.

I have anywhere from 65-80% as a winrate and at first I flew through Silver I then fell to Silver II. It took me a good month to reach Gold V and I quickly attained Gold III. I'm still in Gold III, and you'll still have terrible teammates. It's slowed down for me now and I find myself losing more often as well, but you'll still climb. Until your winrate goes 50/50 then you're capable of climbing. Once you're at a 50% rate that's where you belong as a player and can either stop, of do whatever you can to improve and continue to climb.

If you're better than your division, you will climb, I honestly believe that. It might take a while and it might take some bad games, but don't be discouraged and just keep it up. I get upset when I hit a lose streak but if I'm negative ill just stop playing for the day and return when I'm calm and in a better mood.

All my posts in here were not to trash on anyone or belittle anyone. I believe that if you're a good player, or even an average or poor player who is willing to improve, you will climb. The new system is much more forgiving and accurately represents you as a player. Anyone can climb, it's all about a willingness. If you want to improve, do some research, practice a champion and basic strategy, watch a stream, experiment with a build. Anyone can climb. It's all about if you're determined.

Apr 28, 13 at 10:25am
MegaBassMan

You'd be surprised.

I lost 8 out of my 10 placements because someone fed and I wasn't good enough at the time to carry against a fed team.

Apr 28, 13 at 10:21am
Fluroclad

quote MegaBassMan
The true ELO hell is Bronze V. I finally worked my way out of it, and even Bronze IV is really bad. I do fine for the most part in my games, but there are those games where hotheads, afkers, and the like lose me games. Just because many on Neo have not actually experienced it does not mean it doesn't exist. Take it from me, who is in Bronze IV, was in Bronze V for quite a while, but have the skill level of at least mid silver. (Skyexplorer and ShadowCrystallux can both vouch for that.)
Well in that case I will get on my smurf and purposely lose my 10 placement games and prove that even if I am in Bronze V I can get out. Ignoring the fact that the diamond player done a couple of months ago whilst just playing supports.

Also may I say if the true ELO Hell is Bronze V, then why are you in it? You start at Bronze I/Silver V surely if you are better than all those players then you would be in a higher division/tier than you were placed/currently in. You can't tell me you guys were placed in Bronze V just purely because you were placed with trolls and afkers every single game, because in that case "ELO Hell" exists everywhere in bronze league...

Apr 28, 13 at 10:14am
MegaBassMan

quote Fluroclad
quote MegaBassMan
quote BluAnimal
How can you tell me that it exists when pro players can make an alternate account and climb to Diamond twice? Does that mean they just have ridiculous luck and missed it, or do you think maybe it has something to do with their skill.
>Implying placements count as ELO hell
Please.

At your placement games you start at 1150 elo, which is the border for Bronze I and Silver V, which theoretically means you should be in "ELO Hell" and in Safe Haven. However statistically speaking you have a lower chance of being put with "trolls" and "afkers" due to the fact that you are on the team or in the case of a duoQ pair, the two of you.
The true ELO hell is Bronze V. I finally worked my way out of it, and even Bronze IV is really bad. I do fine for the most part in my games, but there are those games where hotheads, afkers, and the like lose me games. Just because many on Neo have not actually experienced it does not mean it doesn't exist. Take it from me, who is in Bronze IV, was in Bronze V for quite a while, but have the skill level of at least mid silver. (Skyexplorer and ShadowCrystallux can both vouch for that.)

Apr 28, 13 at 10:09am
Fluroclad

quote MegaBassMan
quote BluAnimal
How can you tell me that it exists when pro players can make an alternate account and climb to Diamond twice? Does that mean they just have ridiculous luck and missed it, or do you think maybe it has something to do with their skill.
Please.

At your placement games you start at 1150 elo, which is the border for Bronze I and Silver V, which theoretically means you should be in "ELO Hell" and in Safe Haven. However statistically speaking you have a lower chance of being put with "trolls" and "afkers" due to the fact that you are on the team or in the case of a duoQ pair, the two of you.

Apr 28, 13 at 10:05am
MegaBassMan

quote BluAnimal
Please.