Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII » Excited? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Sep 04, 12 at 5:04pmVicarious

So did the news bring excitement to your soul or was it just kind of a pass and go sort of thing? I am a little bit excited after looking and concept art and hearing about how different the battle system is going to be.

Discuss!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 23, 13 at 4:51am
ArulaSky

People need to forget VII. It's not happening.

Lightning Returns on the other hand...the game is looking great! I was a bit gutted with the delay but I can see they are giving it a lot more juice! The new trailer was amazing! I remember they said they want to beat Skyrim in its free roam scale (I said good luck to that) but seeing the diverse landscapes shown so far I'm excited! The only thing I'm worried about now is if I'm actually gonna have enough time to go explore if I only have XIII days left to save the world @_@ ....

Apr 05, 13 at 5:42am
Ayriak

quote Darkari
now if it was ff7 remake id be extremely excited
What if all that was changed were the graphics, and a side quest here and there? Would it really be worth it? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a HD remastered Final Fantasy VII, but I wouldn't expect any changes to be made to the core game, which in the case of FFVII, would be pretty much everything. If everything apart from the graphics remains the same, I might as well play my PSX disc copy, if they make changes in the hopes of drawing in new crowds, then for all intents and purposes the core game is being changed, and they might as well rename it to FFVII-2.

As I've said before, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is the last chance I'll give Square Enix, but that doesn't exclude titles leading up to it. I played through FFXIII, and recently bought FFXIII-2, and I'll most likely buy Lightning Returns, but there's only so much a person can or will put up with, and if Versus turns out to be a disappointment, or isn't released in the next couple of years, and Lightning Returns flops, then I'll just go back to playing the good Square games, and not worry about future releases (unless they pull something amazing off). At this point I'd say I'm fairly neutral about all of these sequel spin-offs, maybe they'll turn out great, maybe they won't, time will tell.

Mar 21, 13 at 5:05am
Wariyaka

I felt mostly like: Bah! cut this crap and move on SquareEnix.....
Remakes of old shait is NOT moving on.
That said this game do seem to have some new interesting world and story mechanics so I maybe check it out after release.

Feb 03, 13 at 2:34am
Darkari

FF13 felt like a boring movie ff13 2 felt like a broing interactive movie
am i excited not in the least bit i expect this to be more eye candy like the other 2

if it was versus 13 would i be excited not really because of how long i have waited the game wont live up to my expectations because versus 13 they announced like 7 years ago im expecting 200 hours of main story gameplay and extra dungeons after the main story

now if it was ff7 remake id be extremely excited

Jan 16, 13 at 11:27am
Magistermagi1

I was beyond excited when i heard of it. Why? Cause i had jst finished XIII-2 and got that "To be continued" Message on the screen. When i say that, i cussed like a sailor,twitched something major, and flipped of the credits. Then i saw this and i couldn't have been more excited.

Oct 12, 12 at 2:07pm
Dark Spyro

quote glaceon sparkle
im happy that they didn't end the final fantasy saga with a sad ending (FFXIII-2). I mean the whole time in FFXIII-2 i was like what about Fang and Vanille? Lightning can't just die like that! How can they let Caius win!!!

Now im just happy that's going to be most likely a happier ending, BUT I WANT VERSUS DAMN IT!!!
Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Oct 09, 12 at 5:44pm
glaceon sparkle

im happy that they didn't end the final fantasy saga with a sad ending (FFXIII-2). I mean the whole time in FFXIII-2 i was like what about Fang and Vanille? Lightning can't just die like that! How can they let Caius win!!!

Now im just happy that's going to be most likely a happier ending, BUT I WANT VERSUS DAMN IT!!!

Sep 26, 12 at 7:46pm
Vicarious

quote LOD-squa
quote Vicarious
I am really hoping the main villain will be chaos this game. How awesome would it be to take out Chaos man? Anyone would be a better villain than dysley though.
There is no fun in having the same villain again! We need new things that make it more interesting. Although that will not deter me from trying the game out though.
Honestly man I don't really care that much how they end this trilogy. I liked the games al lot but I want something NEW Final Fantasy wise. One of my favorite things about the series is that I can be a fan of this one game series yet always play a game with a new story and different design. I want that back for this series. Not that I want them to screw up this trilogy either, but you get it.

Sep 26, 12 at 7:40pm
LOD-squa

quote Vicarious
I am really hoping the main villain will be chaos this game. How awesome would it be to take out Chaos man? Anyone would be a better villain than dysley though.
There is no fun in having the same villain again! We need new things that make it more interesting. Although that will not deter me from trying the game out though.

Sep 24, 12 at 1:03pm
lalaprola

there better be Caius in tis game, love the voice on this character (voice actor is a badass aswell )

seriously sexy voice with sexy glowing red eyes