Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » Do you really just want them to remake SA in HD? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Sep 03, 12 at 3:06pmMaster

I'm curious, because I obviously read a lot of posts concerning what people want to see, not just here, but other sites as well - and it often sounds like some people are either EXPECTING, or really really want, SA (not the 'state', but the actual game) to just be remade, sometimes down to CJ and all.

Does anyone prefer that to a whole new experience?

I've recently reinstalled the game, threw on a little ENBSeries for a slight change in appearance, and I personally find the game to still be damn good... the game has aged so well that I think it would be pointless to remake the game. If someone wants to play SA, they can just throw it in and go.

Granted, the AI is ridiculously stupid and it's not the prettiest game in the world, and some areas are unpolished or they cut corners... but it's still a solid experience.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 07, 12 at 4:35am
Coi Cki

KR_1250, MGS1 is and has been available in the PS Store for quite a while. Weighs just under 750Mb. I have it on my PS3, good to relive the story, and I agree about the alert sound.

Sep 07, 12 at 12:05am
KR_1250

quote Master
Snake Eater was the best in the series, bar-friggin-none, it's a little surprising to see someone hating it. But anyway, enough about MGS.
Aww, it cant be enough until someone backs up Metal Gear Solid 1.

And thats me! I remember being utterly amazed by this game. It still has my favourite story of the series. I just loved every single part of it. Remember the scene where you first meet Grey Fox in the evlevator hall? Or the emotional scene with Sniper Wolf? Great stuff. Dont get me wrong MGS2 was excellent and Snake Eater was a complete masterpiece. But nothing will beat MGS1 for me. It made me fall deeply in love with my playstation LOL.

That little "ALERT" sound when an enemy spots you has stuck with me ever since. Damn, i might go home and order that from AMAZON.com

Sep 06, 12 at 7:26pm
Demonfurby

quote Craigy Boy
Tell me, could you get a decent version pirated? Everytime I got one it was missing either the radio stations, cutscenes or the voices. Sometimes all 3. Or did you have to download audio separably. I tried that too but I couldn't get it working
I got a perfect version, so far nothing's missing and I'm at San Fierro. Didn't have to do anything with the audio. PM me if you want a link. This discussion's probably going into a grey area.

And about the MGS debate, Snake Eater was definitely the best. Best story, best bosses, best stealth, best setting, best Snake.

Sep 06, 12 at 4:04pm
Master

I know, I'm just letting you know. All he can really answer is yes or no, right? He doesn't seem to have any complaints, so he probably obtained the game just fine.

but concerning the installation of the game, it does ask if you want to install the music or not - it's installed separately from the actual game, I guess it would stream off the disc otherwise.

Sep 06, 12 at 3:46pm
Craigy Boy

quote Master
Neoseeker doesn't condone piracy discussions. Instructions on creating your own ROMs or whatever for your own personal use is fine, but details and/or links about directly downloading something isn't allowed.
I wasn't asking for links, nor was I asking about them. I was only asking if he downloaded audio for a game separately from the actual game.

Sep 06, 12 at 3:39pm
Master

Snake Eater was the best in the series, bar-friggin-none, it's a little surprising to see someone hating it. But anyway, enough about MGS.

quote Craigy Boy
Tell me, could you get a decent version pirated? Everytime I got one it was missing either the radio stations, cutscenes or the voices. Sometimes all 3. Or did you have to download audio separably. I tried that too but I couldn't get it working
Neoseeker doesn't condone piracy discussions. Instructions on creating your own ROMs or whatever for your own personal use is fine, but details and/or links about directly downloading something isn't allowed.

Sep 06, 12 at 3:18pm
Craigy Boy

quote HilaryDuffGta
i just did not like that MGS 3 did not have a map in it,that kind of killed it for me,so chances of it going into my list is slim to nil; but since there are trophies on it that may put it up a little more.

just something about MGS 3 i couldnt stand
I loved the 3rd, well I loved them all. I thought the 3rd game was the best change in any game I've seen, it kept the stealth but still managed to be different, yet the same, if that makes any since lol.

quote Demonfurby
I was in a similar situation, payed for it twice before actually, didn't have a way to play it until I said *bleep* it and pirated it. Playing Catalina's missions right now lol.

Forgot how terrible the handling on some of the cars is though.

Sep 06, 12 at 1:43pm
HilaryDuffGta

i just did not like that MGS 3 did not have a map in it,that kind of killed it for me,so chances of it going into my list is slim to nil; but since there are trophies on it that may put it up a little more.

just something about MGS 3 i couldnt stand

Sep 06, 12 at 12:31pm
Qwertyking

I loved San Andreas, it's probably my favourite game of all time. So I am definitely excited to explore a beautiful HD version of the same (roughly) map.

It would have been fantastic to see Rockstar start a completely new location though, we know that they are unrivalled at capturing the atmosphere of a time period/ city. I'd love to have seen a late 70's-early 80's London or Manchester. The music scene was fantastic in those days. I've always loved the idea of a Rockstar inspired version of my home town/country, they'd certainly do a fine job of capturing the subtle British humour and dialect!

Sep 06, 12 at 6:45am
Coi Cki

quote HilaryDuffGta
naa forget that then,MGS 3 just killed it right there,i wont touch it
Why not?

And like Pauliepoos said, you can get MGS2 and 3 separately from the PS Store.