Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Diablo III » Questions about casters damage » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 03, 12 at 4:29am
Zarathustra

The damage output that it says in the weapon info takes into account everything that affects damage; the weapon's base damage, your crit chance and crit damage increase, any bonuses from stats (in your case int) etc... In Diablo III all skills for all classes have their damage based off the weapon damage. So even if you're not using the weapon to actually hit things having a weapon that deals more damage means that all of your skills will deal more damage as well.

Next time you play, hover your mouse over a skill in the skills tree and hold Ctrl. It will show you more detailed information about that skill and you should notice that the damage output is always a certain percentage of your weapon damage. For example, the Wizard's Magic Missile deals 110% weapon damage as Arcane, whereas Spectal Blade deals 135% weapon damage.

You can check out all of the classes and their skills here.

Sep 02, 12 at 5:18pm
DEDAI

I need someone to answer a question for me which is about the damage on certain items when playing with one of the caster roles such as witch doctor or wizard.

Ok, these two classes rely on intelligence for damage but sometimes I'll find items which have no int on them at all but yet its telling me that my dmg would be higher if I use it rather than the piece im currently using that DOES have int on it. I'm assuming this is because the dmg numbers that are large and in white is higher, but doesnt those numbers stand for physical dmg??? If I'm a caster that NEVER uses physical attacks how is it that my dmg is higher with a weapon that has literally no int on it than a weapon that does (assuming the white letters represents physical dmg?)