Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword » Skyward Spy Game (IV) - Story #3 - "It's a bird, it's a plane! It's... Heading right for us?" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for a game thread, feel free to drop them in here!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Wooden Shield Beedle Boomerang Bow and Arrow Cucco Cat Clawshot Dark Triforce Deku Shield Power Din Ezlo Courage Farore Forest Minish Defeated Link Hero Bow Hookshot Blue Rupee Link Link Master Sword Minish Link Navi Wisdom Nayru Pendant of Courage Pendant of Power Pendant of Wisdom Zelda Scattershot Spinner Slingshot Triforce Triforce Link Vaati Windwaker Master Sword Zelda Zill

hideOriginal Post

Sep 02, 12 at 5:03pmThornSnyder

Skyward Spy:

Game Number IV

quote Eiche
Rules and info:

Skyward Spy is an interactive thread game, where it is the job of the participants to try and determine the identity of one of the players, who plays as a sort of traitor within their ranks, before they are all killed off.

Each player will be what we call of ‘trader’. The role of the regular trader is to attempt to decifer the identity of Demise, through voting after each round to who they think Demise is. The two special players in the game, will either take up the role of Demise, who’s job it is to pick off each of the traders one by one without bringing attention to themselves, the defender, who’s job it is to protect one of the players each round to prevent them from dieing.

As part of each round, there is a ‘voting’ phase and a ‘killing phase’. During the killing phase, the player who is playing Demise will private message me who he/she wishes to kill in that round. I will then go away and write up a story on the events leading up to that players death and their eventual demise. The contents of the story does not dictate who the killer is in anyway, it is there primarily for a bit of entertainment and to keep the players involved and interested in the game.

After the kill has taken place, each of the traders (including the Defender) will send me via private message who they think Demise is; the player with the highest number of votes will be killed off in a second story piece. If this player was a trader, the next round goes underway. If this player was Demise, the game finishes and the traders win. If after a vote multiple players end up with the highest vote, a revenge kill will occur in which the player who last died will choose who they wish to kill off.

Current rules of the Game:
1. I will allow 10 or so players or so to sign up to play. I also stress that you please only sign up if you plan to be actively participating, inactivity does kill the enjoyment of the game for everyone and can really slow the speed of the game down.

2. Once the sign up period has finished, I will then pick Demise and the Defender using a random number generator, and private message those two players. If you do not receive a message you will play as a regular trader.

3. We encourage interaction, don’t just lurk come say hi every now and again!

4. If you have died in the game, you may still post and comment on the preceedings.

5. If you do not vote in 3 consecutive rounds, you will be killed off due to inactivity

6. The story pieces are stand alone, don’t read anything into them as they are not trying to suggest anything as to the identity of Demise.

7. Do not at any point outright state or hint that you may be Demise or the Defender, as that basically undermines the point of the game and ruins it for the rest of the players.

8. Once the game is complete, whoever Demise was in the previous game hosts the next game.

9. Have fun!

LEGEND
Red = Killed by Demise
Green = Killed by Group
Blue = Killed by Revenge
Purple = Killed for Inactivity
Registration will be open one week, or whenever the people signed up decide we should close.

Since I kinda want to do what Ump did and tie in want people want into the story, you can send me a PM with what you may want and I'll do my best to tie that into the story. At least, if Eiche is all good with me stealing his idea.

Eiche is okay with it, so feel free to send me a PM with anything you may want in the story.

Current List of Players:

1. kaijudo

2. Aussie Legend

3. Eiche

4. sfree36

5. cmd17

6. Dark Arcanine

7. logcar

8. da koopa troopa

9. Hmszelda

10. Team Hydro Aura

Demise and the Defender have now been notified, which means registration is now closed. The story will be up as soon as I get both of the votes.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 04, 12 at 10:00pm
Aussie Legend

Um, how goes the vote hunting ThornSnyder?

Nov 22, 12 at 12:06am
Aussie Legend

I am in agreeance, we need something to give the game a little bit of a 'kick'

Nov 20, 12 at 7:12pm
cmd17

ThornSnyder, we should just go ahead and kill off all of the inactive people, or send a notif bomb

Nov 04, 12 at 5:50pm
ThornSnyder

quote cmd17
quote ThornSnyder
quote cmd17
I would like to say, a) I like waffles , and b) has anyone else voted
A) I prefer pancakes. Even then, I'll only eat either of them with lots of syrup.
B) No. Last I checked we were at three votes.
Well I hate syrup and it just so happens I also like pancakes, just had some this morning
I don't eat them very often, as we hardly have syrup.

Hey Aussie Legend, what should I do game-wise?

Nov 04, 12 at 1:09pm
cmd17

quote ThornSnyder
quote cmd17
A) I prefer pancakes. Even then, I'll only eat either of them with lots of syrup.
Well I hate syrup and it just so happens I also like pancakes, just had some this morning

Nov 03, 12 at 1:45pm
ThornSnyder

quote cmd17

Nov 03, 12 at 9:04am
cmd17

Oct 24, 12 at 3:45am
logcar

quote kaijudo
The dead don't vote, right? I'd just like to be sure.
correct, the dead do not vote

Oct 23, 12 at 9:26am
kaijudo

quote ThornSnyder
Quick update guys: I'e only gotten one vote.
Yeah, one vote from the traders.

So uhhh.... Yeah, not sure what to do. Just know that I haven't forgotten this time!
The dead don't vote, right? I'd just like to be sure.

Oct 22, 12 at 7:46pm
ThornSnyder

Quick update guys: I'e only gotten one vote.
Yeah, one vote from the traders.

So uhhh.... Yeah, not sure what to do. Just know that I haven't forgotten this time!